2) John

When Sherlock told John that he should leave, John shut up right away. Yes, Sherlock was right that Mycroft had given him a dorm room transfer form, but he wasn't expecting to have to use them. John rather liked Sherlock, but not in that way, he is not gay! Completely straight, yup that's John!

Whilst he was putting his books on the shelf, a sound like the death of kittens came from Sherlock. John looked over and saw the violin. Normally, he would leave the room, he hates musical amateurs, but it was obvious that Sherlock was no amateur. Every wail was intentionally made, every scrape was placed to annoy.

No, John would not leave. Not until he heard Sherlock really play.

"And he's your boyfriend."

Shut up head! Thought John, You are not gay!

I'll finish unpacking later, he thought, as he picked The Hobbit off of the shelf and flopped on his bunk.

Sherlock's violin played to no avail, but John could deal. Maybe. No, he can't.

"Um, if you wouldn't mind, could you actually play, I know you can, and this dreadful noise does not show off your obvious skills." Sherlock stopped and looked surprised.

"I was done anyways." Sherlock said, and put the violin in its case. "Can I borrow your phone?"

"Sure" John handed his cell to Sherlock, who began texting someone. "A friend of mine is coming in to consult me on a matter of deduction, so if you would like to leave, do so." He handed back the phone.

"You, what skills in deduction do you have?"

"You come from a mildly unstable home, but you have wealth because your father recently from war, either Afghanistan or Iraq. You also have a brother who you have been avoiding talking to, could be because of his drinking problem, more likely because he recently walked out on his girlfriend. You used to go to a public school, and then a boot camp, until you were transferred here by your father. You also play football, and are very good at it. You play the piano against your fathers wishes. You would like to talk to your mother, but to do that would constitute talking to your father, whom you really don't like."

John stood in awe. "Brilliant!"

"That isn't what most people say."

"What do most people say?"

"Piss off!"

The two smiled at each other.

"How did you kn-"

"I didn't know, I observed, something most people need to learn to do. You regular people must get so bored, not noticing things."

"Us regular people?" John sighed. He really would like to be annoyed at this arrogant jerk, but he was just so amazing and smart!

Amazing in a completely friendly, straight way, because John was most definitely not gay.