7) Memories

She was sixteen. Sixteen and in love? People would tell her that she was crazy but that could only happen if people actually knew.

She hated nature but if she wanted to explore her singing abilities, She had to be there. It was her 2 month of her summer vacation, exploring and learning in camp. After convincing her mother her whole life, She agreed on sending her to the Camp of joy. It was a place where you could spend your summer at either singing, dancing or just anything. It was the best summer of her life. Phones weren't allowed and neither were computers. Lydia had a favourite part of the day and it was late at night

She would rock with her foot while looking at the clock, waiting for it to hit 2am. The ticking sound had a common sound as to her heartbeat. She was nervous but she was also slowly getting used to the rushing feeling. Her breath was heavy, so loud that it may have woken up her roommates. She shared room with 3 other girls, or she wouldn't call it a room. The tree around her made it feel cozy and warm.

She quickly stood up and looked herself in the mirror one last time before glancing at the clock. 10, 9, 8...

"Okay Lydia, don't be nervous. It's just one boy. It's not like he's gonna eat you alive with his... his gorgeous smile and his stupid but cute moles," she sighed and looked at the ceiling just thinking about him.

"Stop it Lydia!" She yelled whispered and looked at the mirror again.

5, 4, 3...

"You are Lydia Martin," she checked her make up and pursed her lips. She stroked her cute dress and smiled to herself. She almost screamed out of excitement and jumped, making loud noises from her converse shoes. She wished that she could wear high heels because of her stupid height, but this was a camp. You could impossibly wear heels without falling.

She flung the door open, not caring if the girls woke up now that she was out. She ran past by the girls small cabins, leaving an echo sound of her feet slamming against gravel. Being out after midnight wasn't allowed and being together at daylight was only hand touching and friendly smiles.

When she reached the guys' cabins, She could see a couple of lights turned on even though that also wasn't allowed after midnight. But you could say that guys were more free and open than girls, so why not. She was surrounded by the guys' cabins, standing at the centre. She was breathless and when she stopped running, she rested her hands on her knees and kept her position like that for a moment before her breath was steady again.

She let out a scream as someone held her from behind, making her fall to the ground. Familiar chuckles were heard from the guy standing up.