10) Matching Puzzle

~♡~
When you know you're in a toxic relationship, don't just walk away. Run.

- Michael Faudet.

~♡~

The air around her was thick. She doesn't get attention very often, meaning that having so many eyes on her made her heart freeze. Whose heart freezes when numerous of eyeballs are on them; aren't hearts supposed to get all hyped and want to escape from your chest when something like that happens? Lydia was stuck. Shit.

She didn't get it. Lately, there are so many things that confuses her. Since she started this school, her minds puzzles couldn't fit right. Like this moment. People were looking at her... because she sang? Don't people sing along to song lyrics nowadays. She felt like a big piece of her mind got ripped off, the second that airplane landed on Beacon Hills.

"W-What?"

Lydia rested her hands on each side of her chair, turning herself, looking for some kind of support, but half of the customers were eating their food, while the other half - the ones sitting close to her - had their eyes glued to her. Even her new friends. Great. Kira half chuckled and stopped.

"How. Did. You. Know. That. Song?" Kira tried explaining it slowly so that Lydia would understand, though, the way she put it, scared Lydia. Lydia didn't know what to say, cause when thinking about it again, she didn't remember singing along to the lyrics.

"What are you talking about?" Lydia looked around again, seeing Isaacs eyes wide open, along with Scotts. When her eyes traveled further to the next seat, Allison's eyes weren't as wide as the others. Isaac got out of his trance.

"You were singing along," he said.

"So?"

"So-" Scott interrupted. "Stiles wrote this song and he sure as hell hasn't released it. So, the question we're all looking for is; How do you know this song."

She about to cry at the harsh voices.

Don't you DARE cry again!

"I- I mean I don't, I don't know what-"

"Enough."

Silence.

They all turned on their seats and looked at the stage to find mouth the word came out from. Stiles. He sighed and put his guitar on the ground, next to the chair. Now people were staring. The heel of his vintage brown boots made an echoing sound each step he took.

Oh, so now you want to escape, heart.

Stiles looked down at her with an expression she could not read. He put a tight grip on her arm and pulled until she stood up and followed him out of the diner. She stumbled five times, just like how many times her heart skipped beats.

"What are you doing!" she loudly asked.

The door to the dinner slammed and the friends they left behind shared looks. The diner was quiet. The city was too.

Allison cleared her throat and stood up. "Continue, have a nice meal," she smiled. Scott looked up at her with a confused look. Allison sighed and enjoyed her meal. Well, she tried to.

"What the hell!" Lydia shoved his hand away and stopped.

"Why are you here," he mumbled.

"What?"