11) Footprints

Take only memories,
Leave only footprints 👣

Finding out that you lost your memory in a short period of time makes you more terrified than shocked. She had already seen it come but when things get confirmed, you can't get out of your considerations anymore. Amnesia was definitely not her last guess but definitely not her first either. And no one told her? How could she miss out on something like that? She did feel empty once but it still shocks her how something that took such a big place in her heart, didn't trails of question marks.

Joyful camp? No what was it's name again, Camp of joy? Whatever it was called, the part her doctor told her about didn't shock her as much as who she was with. The doctor told her about how she fell and where she was but didn't mention the guy who brought her to the hospital. That she read for herself. The screen told her everything she needed to know. Or not everything.

Getting home was the easy part. She didn't even feel the time pass by with all of her thought interrupting her mind. She couldn't even cry right now. She didn't know how she felt. What she felt.

Okay Lydia, get yourself together. Think. Think!

What was the last thing she could remember from when she was 16.

Awful mother. Sister dying.

Try again Lydia, again!

Mother being awful and sisters funeral.

Before that!

Normal family. She remembers the smallest details of her childhood, even before her father left them. She remembers playing on the roof with her sister and how her mother always scolded them for doing that. She remembers when she was 14 years old and got her first scar from bumping into a sharp corner from their counter. Or when she was 15 and planned that she was going to be a doctor because she got a few A's in her biology class. Or her temporary best friends, Cecelia and Melanie.

When she was 16 she got her license and she remembered her sister dying and how her mother blamed it on her because she was the one driving the car. The years after that, he spend on traveling and exploring her talent. The money she had on her card was enough. She still doesn't know where they came from. Not from her mother, That's for sure. Nor was it her sister. So it was probably her father. She guessed that he probably left them for her before he left them. Maybe her father wasn't bad after all. She didn't really know him. She keeps telling herself that he had to leave them. Something probably happened, Or else he wouldn't leave her that money. 

After her singing career, she came back. That's now. There wasn't any joy of camp Or whatever in between. Is doesn't fit in. When would she even have time for that? But it apparently happened. And she knew what she had to do next. The only answers were with this one guy. She just didn't know how to bring up the subject. She was nervous and scared to even think about it.

"Michael?"

Lydia closed the door and put her purse on the chair as she entered the foyer. When she didn't receive an answer, she sighed and threw herself on the couch. She burried her face in her hands, exhausted from all of her thinking. It was just too much. She started pretending that she never got those news from her doctor, That she never hit her head. You would think that it would be easier to forget the experience when you don't remember them. But it was harder than that.

Why did she always have to go through such situations?

"Lydia? You're back." Michael walked through the living room with water dripping from his hands.