The Search

-----------------Secret Cadmus Warehouse------------     

With the drama going on at the DEO following Thor's capture and escape, Loki had spent that time trying to figure out where exactly he had landed. He knew for certain that he was definitely on another Earth in a completely different dimension.

A little more exploring of his surroundings, Loki eventually found himself bumping into a seemingly abandoned warehouse. Loki, however, knew there was more to this warehouse then meets the eye.He steps inside to investigate.

"What have you to report on the portal that appeared above National City not more then several hours ago?" Lillian Luthor inquires of the Cadmus operatives inside the warehouse. "The portal contained high traces of energy from an unknown substance," one the Cadmus agents informs her, "The DEO have been investigating the surges that came from the portal as we speak." "Of course they are investigating, that's what they do," Lillian says like it's obvious, "What I want to know is whatever came out of there is a threat to our cause." "There is one thing," the agent informs Lillian, "Our sources tells us the DEO did find an unknown life form that possibly came out of that portal." "Is it alien?" Lillian presses. "Most likely," the agent answers. "Just one more thing Cadmus has to take care of," Lillian mutters, "No matter, we'll take care of it along with Supergirl and every other alien parasite on this planet."

Loki overheard Lillian's conversation during this time and figured he could use them to his advantage in retrieving the Tesseract. Taking a rather hefty gamble, he steps further inside the warehouse so as to be spotted.

The alarms suddenly go off. "Alert! Alien presence!" a computerized voice announces on the PA system. Cadmus agents surround Loki and he puts his hands up in surrender. They apprehend Loki and bring him to face Lillian. "How the hell did someone like you break into a place like this?" she frowns. "Oh, believe me I've broken out of more...advanced facilities then this ma'am," Loki merely answers, "However, I couldn't help but overhear you have a problem with..." "With people like you," Lillian finishes for him. "I am nothing like the scum you so desperately want to eradicate form this planet," Loki assures, "If you call off your dogs, allow me to offer to solution."

Lillian was hesitant to hear what this stranger had to offer, but she refused to show it. Nevertheless, she sensed this man could be of use to the Cadmus cause. "Let him go," she reluctantly orders, "I'll hear what he has to say."

The agents release Loki from his bonds, him grinning as they did so. "Now," Loki begins, "What you're really seeking from the portal is a...special ancient artifact that contains limitless energy." "I'm assuming that's what caused this rift to occur," Lillian replies. "You catch on fast," Loki nods as an attempt of flattery, "This...artifact is key to opening another portal, one that could be used to send these aliens to another dimension where you no longer need to worry about them." "Really?" Lillian asks intrigued, "Please tell me more." "The item in question is under highly secured storage by this place called the DEO," Loki continues, "But I have a plan where you could steal it from them. You will, however, need me to make this plan work." "Why would you help us?" Lillian frowns, "What's in it for you?" "Merely the gratuity of seeing someone I loath fall at my feet," Loki simply answers as if that's all he wants. Lillian is still skeptical of this strange alien's true intention but decides to listen to his plan. 

------------DEO Headquarters----------

"What were you thinking?" Kara lectures Mon-El in the infirmary as he was getting patched up from his fight. "I was thinking I could have easily taken this guy down," Mon-El grimaces from the pain, "How was I suppose to know he would do that?" "We didn't know what he was capable  of, Mon-El," Kara says sternly, "You can't just blindly rush into a fight like that."