The Distraction

This book now has over 2,000 views.

"Wait a minute!" Loki shouts, grabbing the attention of the two Luthor women. Lillian and Lena both turn around, and Loki drops the container, causing both the container and the Tesseract to shatter into a million pieces.

"You thought you could deceive me with a fake cube?" Loki sneers, "The Tesseract is an infinity stone; it cannot and will not be easily broken!" "You honestly believed I would give up unlimited power so easily?" Lillian sneers back, "I was under the impression you were a little more intelligent than that. No matter, we've would've had you shot a mile away once you figured it out, but now you just saved us the time."

She directs the Cadmus agents to take aim and open fire, but Loki moves lightning fast and took the agents out with uncharacteristic strength, much to Lillian's surprise. Loki's eyes turn red and, as it turns out, Loki was actually J'onn J'onzz who transformed into his Martian form.

"I should've known the DEO had a hand in this," Lillian exasperates. "You will either hand over the cube, or we will take it by force," J'onn threatens. "Us?" Lillian scoffs, "You may have your brutish alien strength, but there's just one of you, and there are hundreds more of us."

"Make that two, Lillian," Kara swoops down and lands next to J'onn, "Supergirl," Lillian sneers. Thor lands right next to Kara, "Make that three." "You must be the blonde brother of Loki's," Lillian observes. "Don't forget about us," Sif proclaims as she and the Warriors Three take their fighting stances next to Thor.

"What is this, the Renaissance?" Lillian mockingly scoffs, "Next I suppose you're gonna challenge me to a joust?" She directs the remaining Cadmus agents to attack. Kara, Thor, and everyone else retaliated.

While the battle was fought, Jane, Alex, and James, who was fully dressed in his Guardian suit, sneak in through a back entrance that was only guarded by two men that James easily took out; that same entrance also required a retinal scan which the guards were "willing" to give in order for the stealth team to enter.

"Winn, we're inside," Alex speaks into her comm device while Winn monitors the situation from the DEO, using a special camera installed on James's helmet to help the team navigate the interior of the facility.

"Okay," Winn begins his instruction, "Turn left and continue straight pass two intersecting halls, then turn right. There are significantly high energy levels right in the center of the building." "That's the Tesseract, no doubt about it," Jane confirms reading her own hand-made device, "I'd recognize these energy readings anywhere." "Any idea where Maggie is?" Alex presses. "I'm picking up several lifeforms left of the first intersection," Winn answers, "Three are surrounding the one in the middle." "Got it," Alex nods, "You two can handle dismantling the cube without me?" "Don't worry, we got this," James reassures, "Now go save your girl."

While Jane and James run for the gate, Alex sneaks her way to the detention area. Sure enough, there were several guards watching over a cell, and Maggie was locked inside. Alex finds an opening into the air vents, and sneaks inside. Crawling her way up and over, she notices one of the guards getting an incoming message. Guns loaded they open the cell door and take aim at Maggie, but Alex pops open the vent and jumps one guard. The other turned to shoot Alex, but Maggie lunged at him and knocked him out with one punch over the head. Alex finishes off the one she jumped.

"Maggie," Alex breathes out and runs to hug her girlfriend, "you're okay." "Yeah I am," Maggie nods into the hug, then gives Alex a slight peck on the lips, "How did you find me?" "Well let's just say we had new friends to help us," Alex answers. "Thor brought in reinforcements?" "Something like that," Alex chuckles, "Now come on, we gotta get outta here."