Chapter Eight

(Not edited)

Layla

The first image that crossed my mind when I first blinked my eyes open was a heartbreaking face, eyes filled with sorrow and disappointment. I remembered the words I've spoken, words that caused pain in his eyes. I felt regret slowly crawling up my throat and I winced.

I closed my eyes trying to get rid of those images only they were replaced by other memories. Memories that was fucking sinful. Memories that made me feel the soreness between my legs. My thighs clenched. I still felt his hot breath against my neck, the way he thrust inside me. The way he whispered words near my ears.

They way he took care of me.

I blinked my eyes open and looked around my room. I was under the covers, dressed in my pajamas and the scent of vanilla still lingered in my hair and body. I could still feel his rough hands on my body washing me clean while I had barley the power to stand on my own two feet. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. I gulped as my hand crawled up to my chest. Over my heart. Thump, thump and thump. The beat of my heart reached my ears and it vibrated my body, my blood. I could slowly feel a burning heat creeping over my cheeks as a silly smile laced upon my lips.

A knock on my door made me jump and the smile vanished away as quickly as it came. The flame in my face turned cold and I found myself in a sitting position. The beat of my heart faded away. Forgotten.

No emotions.

Fuck them all.

Melissa sneaked inside my room with a concern smile on her lips. She was dressed in a light shade of pink dress that reached just above her knees. Easy for Blake's hands to slip inside. Which he has done multiplier times under Liam's nose. Her hair was braided and pulled to one side over her shoulder.

And she had a breakfast tray in her hands.

Have I mentioned how much I love my best friend?

As soon as she neared my bed I lifted myself up and kissed her cheek making her laugh and almost fall back. But I had a strong grip on her, not letting her fall.

"Woah, easy." Melissa giggled and set the tray in front of me once I calmed down. Grinning, I began to fill my mouth with food only now realizing how hungry I am.

Mel settled beside me leaning her back against the headboard.

"So," Melissa said after a moment, dragging the word out. "are you going to tell me what happened last night?"

My eyes widen slightly as I swallowed the piece of bread down my throat. "Why? What happened last night?"

"I saw you crying." She mumbled, her tone laced with sadness as I felt her arms around me. She leaned her head on my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

I forced myself to smile up at her. "Yeah, I'm okay now. Just-"

"Was it your dad?" She asked concerned, knowing already my relationship with Benjamin. "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shrugged leaned back. "It's nothing really. We're supposed to have a 'nice' dinner together, you know, building our relationship back together again. Even thought I acted like a bitch about the whole thing......I still wanted to try. But then shit happened. I said things I shouldn't have said....things I didn't mean but he believed my words I guess."

"Is that why you're crying?"

I bit my lip looking up at my best friend. I stayed quite for a moment before I spilled the thought that frightened the fuck out of me. "I think he is disappointed in....me. Of the person I have become, Melissa."