Chapter 5: The Teardrops

My legs are sore due to the brisk activities taken up by them in the past few minutes, in dragging a 'crocked' Adiel towards the back seat of his car. And his car, for the first time, is welcoming an intoxicated master with his fellow mate and a troubled teenaged sister.

I feel as if I have acquired superhuman powers as I have managed in those bitchy heels for atleast one hundred twenty minutes, which is a 'lot' to me.

You see, "I'm just not capable of being a lassie", I just remind myself, whenever I, by default, practically prove it. Whenever, I fail to succeed in tying my hair into a simple braid, and it appears as an ugly octopus's entangled tentacles, even after a lot of trials. And whenever I am in a situation of backing off, when I am asked to choose a set of dresses with coordinating accessories.
I'm just not for them, just not meant for them.
---------------
"Somewhere....somewhere...some...", Adiel continues to mumble as he has his head on my bony shoulder, forcing all his heavy weight on it.
"Is he alright, did he drink a lot?", I blurt out.

"He was just having his fourth glass of drink, when I returned with those skewers from the stall, shit man......move the hell outta here!!", he roars, honking the car horn impatiently, terrorising the taxi driver right in front.
'Just' having his fourth glass of drink....., I involuntarily laugh to myself.
"What's up with him now?", Sam asks, looking at me through the car mirror.

"Tia, please don't leave me.....please don't....", Adiel murmurs under his breath, still audible enough to a person far away.

Wait, what the hell is he blabbering?

"Please, d-do not, p-promised me...you won't, ever".
"No, Adiel, no...never...never", I soothe him by rubbing his hands with great caution. "Sam, what is he saying?", I really have no idea what's gotten into him.

"Umm....I-I guess he....needs rest, yah", Samson says, somewhat looking disturbed. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to say something, that he doesn't want me to know.

And I'll make sure that never happens.

"Stop hiding stuff, why do I see you stutter, huh?", I enquire, as I grind my teeth against each other and look at him with squinty eyes , which surprisingly horrifies him.

Samson, the smartest guy in his university, is now afraid of me. Wow.

"I said he needs to take a n-nap, he's just....ohh, alright we're finally here!".
He parks the car in the garage and hands me the car keys, while I struggle to get Adiel out.
"I'll do that...", Samson soughs, resting Adiel's one arm on his shoulder, while holding the other hand with a proper grip.

"You still didn't answer me!", I bellow behind his back, waiting for a response, but he gives me a smirk in return.

"Hello, mommy Jane", Sam greets a lady, visible in her 'cupcake' apron and has a startled look on her glowing face, who is undoubtedly my mother. He has been calling mum, 'mommy Jane', since he found out that their relationship was a typical 'mom-son' one.

Oh crap, and Adiel's in danger.......

"Uhh, hello Sam, I guess you were invited to Marley's birthday......Adiel?!!??", she looks traumatised, but she doesn't shout. She has very high control levels, I must say. But not for long when she gets to know that her son had, just now, violated the rules and proclamations of our ancestors.

"Ad...Adiel, what's wrong with y-you my child....", she approaches her son, but before that Samson backs off with Adiel, who is completely dependent on Samson's movements. I am currently behind Adiel, ready at all times to catch him, if he just stumbles down.