Chapter 6: Adiel

I wake up when my hand hits the headboard hard enough to force a short shriek out of me. Miraculous awakenings on a Monday Morning.
"We'll go for shot-put today, you know........you seem to be practising it even on bed", I hear Adiel's voice as I struggle to open my eyes and look at him chortling as well as chewing a gum.
"Oh no I was dreaming of hanging you upside down from the 47th floor of a skyscraper using a rope....made of two threads of hemp, was a delightful dream in months", I continue sitting up straight and rub my puffy eyes as I hear Adiel chuckle lowly and eventually walking out of the room with his changed clothes.

I very well do not erase the previous night's memory which has made an impression on my mind, still wondering why did it happen. Now Adiel seems quite lively and is on the road to recovery. It looks like he's forgotten about the last night mishaps, and I hope I don't remind him of them. Though I will always be reminded.

I remove the bed covers and place my warm feet hurriedly onto the soft comfy carpet with which my feet is glued, not wanting to deal with the ice cold floor. I shudder at the thought of looking at the awful sight in the mirror, thus just walk past it heading towards the door.

I open the door to my room and see the most horrible and staggering scene. I mean it's not horrible.....but it's horrible for me to see a neatly made bed, all things in order, and most importantly, no displaced sock lying mercilessly on the floor, in MY room.
I leave the door ajar behind me, as I glance at the readily ironed all time fav turquoise top and my denims layed neatly on my bed.

"Change fast Tia, don't wanna taste dad's unburnt pancakes?"
I spin on my heels to see Adiel entering my room with a dusting cloth, which he supposedly got for my cobwebbed tulip flower vase.

"What's all this for?", I ask Adiel, waving my hands wonderingly around the room.
"All this for.....well, just thought for a cleanup of your antic room, I'd like to replace mum for a while though", and he continues with his dusting. He looks so cute when he's so very engrossed in a work.

I slyly smile before turning the knob of the door to the washroom when "Well, you could just call Marley here, I'll drop you guys to school...."
I halt in my place and gape at Adiel, somewhat wide eyed. At usual times, Marley just turns up at my house and waits for me, until we're ready to walk till school. And I just get to know that someone has offered a ride.

"I'll tell her"
***************

Though I've applied the strongest deodorant, I am still able to smell dad's sweet pancakes, it's sweet not because of the 5 tsp sugar added to it, but with the love with which he makes it......MY daddy.
I take a glance at the latest painting made by me which hangs carelessly, a little tilted to the side. Sunset. When the sun is just above the horizon, it's just the definition of beauty, I feel, the hundred shades of orange dominating the infinite sky. It's the beauty.

And I see yet another painting, right next to it, the night sky of Paris with those tiny precise city lights, complementing the deep blue background. It all thus concludes that I love painting. I have secured a whole gallery of my paintings since I was 3, and that I remember the day when Adiel accidentally sat on my wet lollipop painting, causing his butt change colour to pink, and that I had been crying the whole day, finally settled with my favourite snow sprinkled sundae which I had bribed from him. These short lived pictures do have a bunch of memories in them which will cling to my mind till the very end.

I glance at the painting of a smiling Adiel which I had framed myself with white pearls stuck to its borders. That's my favourite one.

I grab my phone from my drawer and call Marley as I dial her number by heart.
"Hello, Marley "
"Ya...who...oh Tia hi", her voice sounds thick while she yawns dreamily.
"You didn't wake up yet...anyways Adiel says he's gonna drop us school"