5. Science

I dreaded science. It was going to be so weird after that argument. Why did he care whether or not I talked to him? Was it something to do with being popular? Like, was it something to do with not understanding the concept of people not wanting to talk to everybody. I just didn't know. I'll ask him. I can do that. We had a whole conversation, kinda. I can ask him a question, he asks me questions all the time.

But he asks for pens and what the teacher just said not the understanding of his mind. That's a tad dramatic. But what if he did see it like that?

"Fern, hey." He's here, it was now or never.

"Why do you want to talk me, Greyson?" I asked looking him in the eye. Was this too much eye contact? He looked taken back, that's not a good sign. I needed to stop looking into those eyes, this is so creepy. Forcing my eyes downwards, I was half-tempted to hide under the table.

"Do I need a reason?" Should I look at him again? Can I bare to look at him again?

"That would be nice," I said softly. This wasn't difficult. I can converse like the regular human being. Then there was a pause. Did I say something wrong?

"I want to know more about the girl who used to lie about not knowing famous quotes," he said finally. That made my head go up, my eyes blinking a few times.

"You knew?"

"Everyone knows 'I am you father', Fern. How dumb do you think I am?" He said smirking.

"Do not ask questions you don't want the answer to." I gave him a fake smile, and he just laughed.

"You're just upset that you're not as smart as you think you think are." That may be true but that does not mean I have to confess to anything. "I mean, for some reason you decided that you would pretend not to know any film quotes for half a year. I've never met anyone else who's that dedicated towards something so-"

"Brilliant," I interrupted. He just gave me a knowing smile.

"It woud have been brilliant if I hadn't caught you. What a pity." He was grinning wide and I couldn't help but reflect him. I saw what he had done there.

"A pity indeed."

And the rest of the lesson was a series of shared smiles and memories of the first year.