Man in red and white

CHAPTER ONE

Y/n's POV

The fire cracked and popped as I placed the fresh kill above it. I slowly turned the stick to make sure I got every part of the creature cooked thoroughly.

I stared into the fire as the memories of my past came flooding back. I sigh heavily as I remember earth. The blue sky, the green grass, the nice cool breeze. Everything about it I missed.

"Mew." A small voice cried, bring me back to reality.

I turn to see a little figure next to me "Hi violet." I say smiling, petting my little friend. "What's up?" I ask her.

"Meow." Violet cried, looking at me then the food above the fire.

"I know. I'm hungry to. Just another minute or so, then we can eat. Sound good?" I ask, continuing to turn the stick.

"Meow meow." She replied, rubbing her head against me. I smiled and continued to pet her. After another minute or so, I moved the now cooked creature on to a large, flat rock.

"Food is served!" I say, smiling and clapping my hands. Violet moves over and waits for her portion. I tear a piece off and put it in front of her. I had learned early on that she didn't like being hand fed. We eat most of the creature, the left overs are manly bones and other parts we can't eat.

"Yum. I always forget how good some of these creatures are!" I say to violet. She mews in agreement. I yawn and stretch "We should get some sleep." I say walking over to my little make shift tent/hut. I lay my head on the small pillow I made with leaves and watch the fire burn out. I feel violet's small body press against me as she curls up. I close my eyes as darkness over comes me and I feel asleep.

TIME SKIP TO NEXT DAY AROUND NOON

The grass sways to the breeze, moving gracefully. Nothing holding it down. Im laying in the middle of a field with my eyes closed. Feeling the grass run across my skin, taking it all in. I hear a small cry from next to me. Opening my eyes I see violet next to me, with a curious gaze.

"Want to join me?" I asked with a smile. Violet smiles and lays next to me. We sit for who knows how long just enjoying the warm sun and cool breeze. The wind goes by, but it doesn't feel right. 'Why is it so strong...? Is there a storm on its way?'. I was cut from my thoughts when I heard a loud hissing sound. My eyes shot open and I looked at violet as I sat up. She was crouched down, her ears were flat and fur her was standing on it's ends.

"What's wrong girl?" I asked concern in my voice. She growled as she looked at me then up at the sky. I followed her gaze and froze, feeling like the whole world slowed to a stop. What I saw fritghen me. A galra ship, high in the sky. It's shadow quickly swallowing the field as it lower to the surface of the planet.

I watched as it quickly got closer to us. Violet crys out snapping me out of my trance.

"Come on violet we need to go now!!" I said standing up, extending my arm out to violet. She jumped on my arm and moved up so she was laying across my shoulders. Her claws digging into my fur clothes so she wouldn't fall off. I ran at full speed to the woods hearing the ship land behind me. Gun shots whizzed by me, only inches from hitting me. Violet cried out again.

"Im going as fast as I can, Violet! It's been a while!" I shouted. A shot was fired and it hit my left leg. I screamed in shock. Being the clumsy person I was, I wasn't able to catch myself. I fell face first to the ground. Violet landed in front of me with a small cry.