chapter 6

Emma pov
"Honey please let me explain everything, you'll understand once you do" my mom said to my dad, she sounded as if she were crying.

"Why didn't you abort that thing when we had the chance to on miguard!" My dad shouted he must have been really angry. Why did they have to fight on my birthday of all days? I questioned myself and sighed.

"Because I love that child no matter what her heritage is... I will always love emma" my mom shouted.
They were talking about me, but my dad had said such mean things. I pressed my ear to the door to listen to what they were saying.

"How can you love her after what he did to you huh. How can you love a child born out of hate?" My father said his voice quite and regretful.
I was born from hate?

"She wasn't born from hate she was born from love you foolish man... I only did it to get revenge on you after sleeping with my best friend and and... Oh I can't even look at you sometimes, you know that!" She shouted. I slid against the door as tears poured out of my six year old eyes.

"I love you but my god right now I hate you"

Suddenly the door opened and my mother noticed my crying face. My skin turned a dark blue and she gasped.

"What am I?" I sobbed.

"Just look into my eyes darling and you'll forget this ever happened" she said as her eyes glowed a bright emerald colour.

What the hell was that?
Wait why can't I move?
I felt my surroundings and worked out that I was most likely on a bed, a very comfy bed.
Then I remembered the library and the accident. I can't remember anything after that. It all just goes blank as if there's nothing else there.

"How has she been today?" A man's voice I could hear.
"There's been no change prince loki" I recognised buttercups voice, she was tired I could tell.
"It's been 2 months with no change" Loki said. Why is prince Loki here?

I heard buttercup sigh.
"Just don't say anything to the girls I've been telling them that she makes progress everyday... I just don't have the heart to tell them that Emma might be brain dead"

What! I'm not brain dead. I wanted to shout out but I couldn't.

"Have you tried bringing her out of an Odin sleep?" Loki asked.

"Loki she's been out of the Odin sleep for two weeks now... I doubt we're going to see any change" buttercup.

"Hey did her hand just move?" Loki asked with a curious voice.
"No prince Loki I didn't" buttercup huffed " You're probably just seeing things you've been waiting for two months loki maybe you should go and rest"  she said to loki and I heard him sigh.
"No I'll just stay here for a bit longer... you're welcome to go and rest now... at least I'm with her" Loki explained and the room went quiet with the sound of a door shutting.

"Oh loki remember the number one rule" buttercup said and shut the door.

"How could I forget it?" Loki mumbled.
"Everything I touch turns to ice even sometimes with the gloves on" the sadness in his voice projected a sense of loneliness on to me. It was like his heart was full of love but to anyone that gets near it can't get past the false wall of ice.

I so wanted to wake up, but I simply couldn't it was like my eyes were glued shut. I heard unfamiliar beeping sounds now, that must be the monitor.

"Listen Emma, I don't know if you can hear me but, you have to wake up... there's so many people who are worried about you and that love you... but I have to know how you ended up with half the DNA of a frost giants and the other asguardian DNA... Emma by law you shouldn't  exist"

WHAT! that's impossible my mom and dad are both of asguard.

"Wait can you hear me?" Loki asked.

Loki pov

The heart monitor sped up as I talked to Emma, could she hear me?

"Wait can you hear me?" I asked but realised I would get no answer that way. I slipped my hand gently into hers and suddenly realised I had forgotten to put my gloves on bit yet she did not freeze.

"Can you squeeze my hand" I said and waiting as the monitor calmed down. Slowly I felt the small almost undetectable pressure of someone squeezing my hand.

"BUTTERCUP!!"