chapter 18

Emma's pov

"Buttercup you can't tell anybody" I said seriously as I removed my hand from her mouth.
"Have you two had sex yet?" She asked and I just looked at her alarmed.
"What kind of question is that!!?" I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.
"I just don't want to have you off on maternity leave your my best healer" she said and I sighed.
"Well actually I've never well you know... done that stuff before" I said and blushed.
"AAAWW DOUBLE CUTE!!" She yelled.
"You're making me cringe anyway where did you get off to at the night of the wedding?" I asked I specifically remember looking for buttercup the night of the wedding to tell her I was going to bed and would see her on the buss in the morning.
Buttercup blushed.
"Ha! I knew it you got laid didn't you!" I said and pointed at her.
"Well yer it's what people do at weddings and I must say your brother has a talent for licking-
"Okay nope I don't want to hear anymore of this keep that to yourself"
"YOUR BROTHER HAS A TALENT FOR LICKING PUSSY!" Buttercup shouted just as the tent flap was opened again.

Loki stood there slightly red in the face and buttercup looked like a prune that wanted to shrivel up and shrink if possible.
"I umm forgot my helmet" he stated and picked it up off of the bench. He kissed my cheek gently.
"I guess I'll see you after... come to my room at 6 o'clock tonight?" I nodded and he left quickly.

"Oh for Odins sake why is it always me" buttercup faced palmed herself as I laughed.

"Right the reason I came in here... we need you back there's no time for a break the soldiers are coming in twice as fast as they were five minutes ago"

We walked out together and as we opened the tent we saw complete and utter chaos.
"Buttercup! Luna!" Faye ran towards us her face completely white as if she had seen a ghost.
"What is it calm down child?" Buttercup said grabbing both of fayes wrists and making her calm down.
"A couple of frost giants have broken into the healing tents we've been told to evacuate back to the palace until the soldiers can get things back under control!"
Buttercup went ridged and I could almost see her shift from friend to head healer mode.
"Right head for the bus there are things I must collect" buttercup headed back towards the tents before we could stop her.
"Faye I'm sorry but I can't let buttercup risk her life alone" I said as i began walking out of the tent to see the chaos unfolding before my eyes.

"Then I'm comming with you!" Faye shouted holding my hand.
I sighed and turned around to look at her.
"Faye you have a husband who will be devastated if you don't come back-
"And you have loki don't you think he'd be upset if you didn't come back!!" She shouted tear streaming down her pale cheeks.
"I can't lose you... you're my best friend.... I've never had a best friend before" I hugged her tightly.
"You're not losing me, not today" I said as I ran towards the tents.
"Promise!" I heard her shout but I didnt have time to answer.
I pushed my way through the crowd of people screaming and running in the opposite direction.

************************************

Lokis pov back at the palace.

"Thor! I need some advice" I can't believe I was comming to this oaf for advice but alas he was married and I was most certainly not.

"You want advice from me?" Thor asked as I barged into his room whilst he was rubbing gel on janes feet.
"Well it's about Emma" I said and Thor nodded indicating he wanted me to continue

"Oh I could help with this!" Said jane as she sat up and placed a hand on her belly.

"Okay well I want to do something really nice for her... you know to show her that the god of mischief isn't lying about being serious so I asked her to come to my room at 6 o'clock tonight but I don't know what can do once she comes?"

Jane smiled at me. I think that might be the first time she's ever smiled at me.
"Well you should take her out somewhere... show her off to the towns people maybe take a ride through some towns to prove to her that you want everybody to know that she's yours and I think the towns people would enjoy seeing you settling down loki" Jane placed her hand on my knee and patted it. I smiled and then looked towards Thor who looked a little arkward.

"Umm since when did you two star getting along?" He asked.
"Since now... now start rubbing my feet again I'm losing feeling in my right ankle again" Jane went back to complaining about her feet. I stared at the two cooperating and bickering and them finally Thor places a gentle kiss to Janes stomach to which she smiles and giggles.
I smiled at them and secretly wished that I had something like that and perhaps even in the not so distant future I will. With Emma.  My future depends on that woman.

"Sire!" The door burst open as emma's brother luca ran through them. He looked incredibly out of breath.

"Luca what is it?" I asked helping him up from kneeling on the floor.
Luca looked from me and then to Thor who was now standing along with Jane.

"What is it soldier?" Thor asked.
"It's the frost giants they've breached the medical tents... loki you know Emma was working there earlier today what if... what if she didn't get out in time?"

"Loki we can't have you galvanting
After every woman you claim to love I forbid you to go... I will send for soldiers"

"I am your brother you can't forbid me from saving her!" I shouted to Thor.

"I am your king and I will!" Thor shouted back at me whilst jane shook her head and sat back on the couch.

"I sure hope this baby is not a boy... there's already enough testosterone flying about"

Thor sighed.