chapter 11

Loki pov

"How long has the king been batteling the giants on his own?" I asked the guard walking next to me. He was slightly out of breath as he had just run from the throne room.

"Not long prince loki... the frost giants ambushed us not long after we reached the throne room. We knew there was too many so king Thor said that I must come and find you he fears that he could not manage them on his own" the guard looked ahead and regained his composure quickly as we began to hear the clashing of swords and the sound of what could be ice smashing, it had a similar sound to glass smashing just slightly less delicate.

"Right I need you to do something for me as quick as possible" I said stopping him at the entrance of the throne room
"Yes prince loki anything" he answered looking slightly flustered.

"I need you to go to the healers and bring as many of the healed soldiers here as possible we need to tackle this problem as fast as possible"

"Yes prince loki I will do my best" the guard ran off back into the direction  we came from and towards the healers room.

I armed my self with my now singal dagger and ran into the room full pelt only to be knocked to the ground and into the golden door. The room span slightly as I tried to get up. Something lifted me but the collar of my uniform and I came face to face with the first giant.

"Not so high and mighty now without daddy are ya!" He growled smirking. He was much to over confident and slightly stupid too.
I cut his arm with my dagger making him let go of me and I fell to the ground I used my powers to get the rope from the broken chandelier and tied it quickly around him.

The frost giant struggled as he fell to the ground and slowly lost consciousness.

"Loki!" I heard Thor shout and I suddenly felt his hand on my shoulder.

"Well done brother I think that is the last of them for today" he said looking at the knocked out giant on the floor.

"We should take him to the dungeons and question him once he's had enough... Frost giants are always quick to betray their leaders for their own safety" I as I tightened the ropes around his feet and hands.

The question and problem we now face is, how did these frost giants get past Heimdal in the first place?
Unless they didn't come through the bifrost. If they didn't come through the bifrost then where did they come from?

"Loki!" Someone shouted and I turned around only to be faced with a frost giant about to stab me and Thor too, until a bright light consumed us all. The light burned like a thousand sun's were shinning all at once.
I cast my eyes in font of my face to shield the light from burning my face.

The floor sparkled as the stars embedded in the ground of the throne room lit up as if they had come back to life.

"Loki stop this!" Thor shouted thinking that it was me, but my powers were weak compared to the shear strength of this.

"This isn't me!" I shouted back and pulled Thor back from the light slightly.
"What is it?" He asked squinting his eyes as the light began to fade the reveal the siloet of a woman.

Emma?" I said questioning the familiar woman.

"No you idiot it's not Emma... that is Artemis, goddess of light and protector of the vulnerable" Thor said pointing at the lady that I was so sure was Emma.

It must be Emma.
I waked towards the woman I recognised to be a healer and someone whom I hold most dear.

"Loki don't come any closer" it sound like Emma.
"Why not?" I froze on the spot.

"I am Emma but I am also Artemis... I, Artemis am subconsciously trapped within Emma I was reborn into an immortal child... she does not know, all Emma knows is that she has powers and she only ever uses them to heal people. That's why she is so naturally gifted in healing. I however must kill to protect. Emma was so worried about you that I was able to come through"

"Artemis can you bring Emma back?" I asked.

"Loki you can't just ask a God to get out of a body" Thor snapped at me.

"Shut up Thor!"

I looked back at Artemis and she frowned.
"I can bring Emma back for a few minutes maybe even as little as a few seconds but after that she will not remember the events of the last three months it will be as if she never had the accident"

"How does that effect anything surely a day is not so important?" I asked.

Artemis sighed and wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"What is it?"

''she was so happy it was you loki... you brought her the frozen flower. Emma was comming here to confess her love for you and now she will forget everything about you... when I bring her back you'll have her for a few moments but I can't even promise that"
Artemis let a stray single tear drop down her cheek.
I grabbed her hands and the change was instant.

"Loki!?" Emma smiled and wrapped her arms around me and embraced me.

"For she had eyes and chose me" I simply said.

"Shakespear"

Her arms went limp around my neck and she fell into a sleep that would erase all her memories of me.