MiNayeon: The Hurt Inside

*Requested*

Two girls dreamed of becoming ballerinas and were extremely determined. One, Myoui Mina, was a 11 year old from Japan. Mina had already been training for 5 years even though she was young. The other, Im Nayeon, was a 12 year old from Korea. Nayeon trained for 4 years. Mina and Nayeon were both extremely talented. Mina was in Japan but got casted to go to Korea because of her talent. Nayeon was casted by the same place at the same time.

When they got there, they were immediately outcasts. They were the best out of the whole group, everyone hated them. They hated each other. They became natural enemies because they were the main competitors but they always had a sense of pity towards each other. Ballet is known as a hard sport, even football players have acknowledged this. Nayeon and Mina were constantly getting hurt. They watched each other as they both would spend all night practicing and getting injured.

Because the ballet shoes were killing Mina, she started to practice barefoot. She took off her shoes and Nayeon immediately notice all the bruises. For the first time ever, Nayeon left practice early. All the girls were shocked, especially Mina. Mina went home a little earlier than usual but still late because she found it somewhat lonely without Nayeon. When she went back to the dorms, there was medicine on her bed with a note.
"Apply this on your foot before bed."
Mina looked around and wondered who it was from. Never in a million years would she think it Nayeon.

Everyday, she continued to get the medicine for Mina but she woke up extra early and prepared it beforehand so she wouldn't need to leave practice early. Mina was touched although she didn't know who it was. Mina's curiosity grew and grew. Nayeon's worries for Mina grew and grew. Nayeon became a secret admirer while Mina fell in love with her secret admirer. Nayeon's notes became sweeter and sweeter. Even though they were young, this wasn't your typical crush. It went much deeper.

"You can do it."

"I believe in you."

"You're amazing."

"Ignore all the haters, they're jealous. I'll love you secretly like this."

Nayeon wrote these cheesy notes for about a year. for about a year, Mina decided to take action. Mina secretly called in sick, hid, and waited for her secret admirer. Like always, Nayeon came in with a hoodie.
A girl? Mina though.
As Nayeon put everything on Mina's bed, Mina saw a little bit of Nayeon's face.
NAYEON? Mina thought as rage filled her heart. She didn't think Nayeon was being sincere. She left her hiding spot and confronted Nayeon on the spot because she was still naive at the time.

"What have I done to you for you to do this to me?" Mina asked seriously.
"What do you mean?" Nayeon asked intimidated.
"Why are you playing with my feelings like this? This is an all time low. You're 13 and I'm 12, shouldn't you be more mature?" Mina's words were like knives to Nayeon.
"Playing? Who's playing with who? I'm serious. You're younger but you're cold hearted." Nayeon ran and started to cry.

Both Nayeon and Mina missed practiced. Mina started to reflect while Nayeon was crying all night because she was heartbroken by her first love. After that, the two went back to practice. They couldn't look each other in the eye. They avoided each other and never spoke. The occasionally glanced at each other but that was the most they did.

It seemed like an eternity but another year passed. The two girls focused hard on ballet. Regardless, they still had to see each other everyday so they never got over each other. Nayeon still worried about Mina but stopped giving Mina medicine ever since the incident. Mina didn't take any medicine since either. Eventually, this caught up to her. Mina got hurt.
"Ah!" Mina screamed loudly. No one was there except Nayeon who turned her head immediately and ran over to Mina who was on the ground.
"Are you okay? What happened? Do I need to call someone?" Nayeon said but got up to call someone before Mina could answer. Mina held Nayeon's hand desperately.
"If you tell them, they'll send me back to Japan." Mina looked deeply into Nayeon's eyes. Nayeon was confused on why Mina couldn't go back.
"What's wrong with Japan?" Nayeon asked.
"Th-the-there's no y-you." Mina said shyly.
"..." Nayeon was shocked by the sudden confession.
"I'll just head home now and take a few sick days..."
"Take care of yourself." Nayeon said as she assisted Mina back to the dorms.

Nayeon was practicing alone. She was thinking of Mina and it brought her pain. She was hurt. She didn't want to think about Mina anymore so she practiced hard, harder and harder. Then.... She had a rupture in her muscles. It was worse than Mina's injury. This one definitely ended Nayeon's ballet career. She was sent to the hospital and then home.

Mina finally felt good enough to come back to practice but Nayeon wasn't there.
I didn't scare her off, did I? Mina thought.
Days passed and she still hadn't see Nayeon so she asked the teacher about it.
"Miss, where's Nayeon?"
"She got injured and sent home. Unfortunately she won't be coming back. What a waste."
"What do you mean 'what a waste.'?" Mina couldn't fully understand.
"She's injured and her injury is too bad for her to ever do ballet again." The teacher said sadly.
Mina started to breath hard and weep. She cried and cried. She felt so bad even though she had not done anything. She was hurt inside more than she was outside. Without Nayeon, she felt like it was pointless for her to stay so she went back to Japan. Mina was still into kpop and all of that so she stayed updated. She came across JYP auditions and became curious so she clicked on it. She watched about two hours with of auditions then surprisingly, a familiar face pops up... It was Nayeon. Nayeon auditioned for JYP and got accepted. All of a sudden Mina didn't want to be a ballerina anymore but an idol instead.

Mina continued ballet until she was 17 years old. Then she auditioned for JYP and made it in. She flew to Korea and excitement filled her heart for the first time in forever. All the years she did ballet, nothing hurt her as much as parting ways with Nayeon. It was pain on the inside that hurt the most and she wanted to start fresh this time.

She reached Korea, entered JYP and unlike when she entered the program for ballerinas, everyone was welcoming. She searched for Nayeon throughout the big company. She finally found Nayeon in the practice room. It felt like old times but Mina didn't want that. Mina walked in and introduced herself.
"H-hello." Mina said nervously.
"Hello," Nayeon paused for a second and looked at Mina closely. She looks familiar Nayeon thought but continued "you must be the new trainee?"
"Yes. I'm Mina." Mina said as she thought She must not remember me.
"Oh, nice to meet you." Nayeon said and continued to practice. Mina was a little hurt because Nayeon didn't remember her but she thought it might be better that way. Their meeting this time was way better than the first.

After a long day training, Mina went to her new dorm where there was something sitting on her bed. They were vitamins and a note.
"It feels much better to be giving you these rather than medicine. Let's start fresh. I've missed you..."
Mina smiled and Nayeon who was spying on her this time also smiled.

The pain from inside is gone.