thirty five : wingman

'Cause she loves control, she wants it her way
And there's no way she'll ever stay unless you give it up
She loves control, she wants it her way
And all it takes is just one taste, you wanna give it up
— Camila Cabello, She Loves Control

'Cause she loves control, she wants it her wayAnd there's no way she'll ever stay unless you give it upShe loves control, she wants it her wayAnd all it takes is just one taste, you wanna give it up— Camila Cabello, She Loves Control

A U T U M N

I had no clue how long I'd slept, but by the time my eyelids fluttered open, I noticed that in my sleep I had accidentally put my head on his left shoulder. Carefully I lifted my head and turned to see him, still sleeping with his lips slightly parted.

Even with his eyes closed, there was a frown on his forehead, almost as if he was thinking while sleeping. Just when my hand went up, trying to wipe that frown away, he opened his eyes. Those grey eyes bore in mine and a small smile slowly appeared on his lips. "Hi, luv. Do you like what you see?"

I rolled my eyes. "Keep dreaming."

"How was your sleep?" asked him as he stretched his arms and legs. I had no idea how he managed to do that in such limited space, considering he was six feet two.

"It was nice." I tried to stifle a yawn and failed miserably so I covered my mouth with two hands and gave in to temptation. "Are we arriving soon?" I checked on the window but had no idea where we were.

Frazier checked his watch and nodded. "Should be. I mean, if we're on schedule, we should be arriving in twenty minutes." He rubbed his eyes and blinked a few times, looking like a lost puppy.

Frazier frowned. "Huh? What plan?"

"You don't bring your clothes, you have no family in D.C." I shrugged. "I wonder where and what will you do."

He smirked. "I bring my credit cards, I could buy some clothes." He leaned forward until our foreheads nearly touched. "And I'm not that entirely hopeless. I have a connection."

"Uh-huh. Who?"

Frazier let out a chuckle. "William. Did you forget that my cousin lives here as well?" asked him in his British-Irish-American accent.

"Oh, yeah!" I cringed. "I forgot about Liam," I added, suddenly feeling stupid. Sometimes I forgot that he and William were cousins.

He touched my forehead using his. "And I also have you."

"I don't think you sleeping in my place is a good idea." Both my dad and brother were big fans of Tyler so if I suddenly brought another guy home along with news about our breakup, they would give him a stinkeye twenty-four-seven. They wouldn't believe me even if I told them that he had nothing to do with the breakup and that Tyler was the one that dumped me, not the other way around. They were that huge of a fan. Especially my dad who thought of him as his own son.