fifty : wolves

In your eyes, there's a heavy blue
One to love and one to lose
Sweet divide, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose
- Selena Gomez, Wolves

In your eyes, there's a heavy blueOne to love and one to loseSweet divide, a heavy truthWater or wine, don't make me choose- Selena Gomez, Wolves

RONAN

I chased her all the way to the front of my house and caught her wrist. "Autumn, stop. You don't have to leave."

She finally stopped and turned around to face me. "Look, Fray. Today has been really fun but I seriously don't need another episode with your mom."

"She's not my mom." Autumn lifted one brow and I quickly added, "well, she did give birth to me but she is not my mom. She abandoned me a decade ago and I don't fucking care about anything that woman says."

"I'm sorry." Her eyes softened and she twirled her hand so she could squeeze mine. "Every child deserves their parents' attention and love." Taking a deep breath, she ducked her head and licked her bottom lip. "I think it's best if I just go home. We can continue being James Bond tomorrow."

With my free hand, I put a lock of curly dark-brown hair behind her ear and slid my hand to her chin then tilted her head up so I could see her in the eye. "Let me take you home, okay?"

A smile appeared on her face as she nodded. My phone buzzed and ruined the moment. I shoved my hand to the back pocket and took it out. Of course, it was from my diva mom who could not have a minute break. I knew if I did not answer her she would go overboard and call the cops or SWAT team to search for me so I ran my thumb on the screen, right on top of 'slide to answer'. "We'll talk later after I get home. Sit your ass and stop calling me. I really hate it when girls nag on me so don't even try or I won't ever speak to you again."

I ended the call before she could even say anything then shoved it back into my pocket. Autumn did not say anything but I could tell that she knew the call was from the nasty woman who had called her little bitch a few minutes ago. Seriously, what the fuck was wrong with my mother?!

"Come on." I jerked my head in the direction where my car was parked and offered her my hand. I thought she would reject it, maybe even pretend she did not see it, yet on the contrary, she put her hand on mine and smiled. My brain knew I should not do this. Friends hold hands but friends who had sex once (or in our case, more than once) and agreed that such a thing would not happen again should not be holding hands. Well, fuck it. If I did not have much to live, I might as well enjoy and cherish the little things.

* * *

As much as I wanted the trip to be longer, her house was not exactly in New Jersey so it did not take more than twenty minutes by car. Living in NYC for years, just like everyone else, I hated the busy traffic but for today, I wished the traffic was busy. Again, not my lucky day because the traffic was good and we did not have any hitch in our way to her apartment.