fifteen : fine

Let's set each other's lonely nights
Be each other's paradise
Need a picture for my frame
Someone to share my ring
Tell me what you wanna drink
- Justin Bieber

Let's set each other's lonely nightsBe each other's paradiseNeed a picture for my frameSomeone to share my ringTell me what you wanna drink- Justin Bieber

TYLER

"Ty?" called Faith once we finally caught up with what happened in our life.

I lowered my mug and licked my top lip. "Yeah?"

Her expression turned a little sad. "I'm sorry for what I did to you before." She shook her head as if she was in disbelief. "I was heartless. I left without a word."

My neck felt a little tense. I was completely speechless, I had no idea what to say. It has happened roughly three years ago and I thought I'd be over it yet it still stung.

When we first met yesterday, I thought we would get a new start but now she was asking for my forgiveness. It got me speechless. When I finally recovered, there was only one question I had to ask. "What happened?"

Faith suppressed her lips tightly as she stared at the light latte-colored paint on the wall behind me. She slid her gaze back to my face and I could see tears in her eyes. "I thought I was going to die."

I stared at her. Wide-eyed and surprised. "What?"

She let out a deep sigh and when she finally spoke, she took me by surprise one more time. "I had colon cancer, Ty."

"When I first found out, I was scared. The doctor said it was stage III colorectal cancer and I had to have it surgically removed." Faith wiped away a tear slipping out of the corner of her eye. I was too shocked that I didn't do anything but sat there with my eyes fixated on her while listening to each word she was saying. "My parents were there, for the first time they actually were in the same room without fighting." She laughed humorlessly.

She used to tell me that her parents always fought and one day they were fighting on the way home. Her parents started calling each other's names and she broke down in tears in the backseat of the car. After that day, her parents agreed that it was best for Faith to live with her grandmother in Vancouver rather than stayed in Toronto and lived in an unhealthy environment at home.

I shook my head and stared at her in disbelief. "Why didn't you tell me any of this?" I knew I wasn't a doctor or anyone who could help her with her condition, but it sucked when someone you thought was your everything hid things, especially this important, from you.

She merely shrugged. "I don't know." Faith bit her lower lips as she dropped her gaze and stared at her cup. "I thought I was going to die and I didn't want you to go through all the pain of losing someone. I thought it was best to hurt you and made you forget about me altogether, I guess."

"Still," I argued. "After the surgery, you could've told me. I'd be there for you."

She looked up and smiled. "You don't know how hideous I looked." She took a sip of her coffee and put the cup back on the table. "I had to go through chemotherapy for a year. I lost all of my hairs, my skin was rough, all of my nails were black. I looked hideous, Ty."