forty seven : friendzoned

And I know we're not supposed to talk
But I'm getting ahead of myself
I get scared when we're not
'Cause I'm scared you're with somebody else
So I guess that it is gone
And I just keep lying to myself
I can't believe it
I, I miss you, yeah I miss you
I miss you, yeah I miss you, oh I do
Though I'm tryin' not to right now
— Clean Bandit, Julia Michaels, I Miss You

Autumn POV

It was not easy to find Faith

It was not easy to find Faith. I tried contacting Jess and Colton, they were on a school trip hence why they had missed the wedding, but no one seemed to know where Faith Gauthier lived. I had tried going to NYU but that campus was huge and full of students. In short, I had failed in finding her. I wished I had talked to her during the wedding but at that moment I was too busy jealous of her and pissed at Tyler.

New York was even bigger than NYU. It was impossible to find Faith, not when I did not have any connection or lead. My hand dug inside my purse and pulled out my phone. I knew this was a fruitless effort since I had been doing it for the last seven days but I did it anyway. I went to my call log and called him. "Frazier, please pick it up. Pick it up."

Since I came back to NYC a week ago, I could not find him anywhere in Columbia, almost as if he was swallowed by the earth. I had seen his friends and ex around the school but I did not exactly know any of them so I did not bother to ask, especially his ex who looked at me with so much hatred. If her gaze could kill, I would have been dead.

Just like the last dozens of trials, he did not pick up and I was sent to the voicemail. "Frazier, I really need your help. I know you're mad but please call me back." I dumped my phone into my purse and walked towards the park bench. I took a seat, resting my back against the bench, and folded my arms across my thin beige shirt. I was about to close my eyes and get a five-minute rest when someone sat beside me.

The guy was wearing a red and white baseball cap and sunglasses yet somehow he felt familiar. I had seen him before but I could not pinpoint where or when. He seemed to notice me staring as he turned and smiled. "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm good." I looked at him carefully and was one hundred percent sure I had seen him before so I decided to ask, "Have we met before?"

Instead of answering with a yes or no answer, he turned the question back at me, "Have we?"

"Well, I don't know." I shrugged. "You look so familiar though."

"That's a first." He smirked then tilted his head to one side. "No one said that before about me," he added, sounding amused.

Before I could ask him if he perhaps happened to go to Columbia, another guy came. Unlike the guy who sat beside me, this guy dressed like a businessman or someone who worked at the office. "Nico, let's go! We should get going or we'd be late."

Nico, the guy who sat beside me on the bench, gave him a firm nod then turned to me and smiled. "Ciao!"

Only then I realized that he was Italian.