( THIRTEEN. we can be alone together )

THIRTEEN.
WE CAN BE ALONE TOGETHER.

              'So I was wondering," Lexi trailed off unsurely, avoiding the eyes of Cheryl who sat beside her on the couch

         'So I was wondering," Lexi trailed off unsurely, avoiding the eyes of Cheryl who sat beside her on the couch. "Would you, maybe, wanna go see a movie? There's an old classic chick flick on down at the drive-in?"

Cheryl sat up straighter making Lexi's arm fall from around her shoulders. A smirk playing at the redhead's lips as she stared down at the girl who was shifting nervously, "Lexi Hale, are you asking me on a date?"

Lexi scoffed in denial, "What? No, of course not that would be stupid... Yes?"

Cheryl laughed at the brunette, "Lexi, I would love to."

A wide grin spread over Lexi's face as she felt her insides twist with joy but she tried not to act like it. Her many years of experience had taught her a few ground rules about being in a new relationship; one of which was never give away what you're really feeling. So Lexi chose to play it cool, "That's cool. Whatever."

The Blossom girl sighed in defeat, "You've been watching friends again, haven't you?"

The Hale girl gave her a cheesy smile in return, "It's not my fault! Toby got me addicted and I haven't even started season eight yet!"

Cheryl looked at her in mock amusement as she crossed her arms over her chest and pretended to be annoyed. She had a love/hate relationship with the feelings Lexi brought out in her. It was like, with Lexi she didn't have to be on her toes and careful about what she says. She didn't have to act like she was better than her, the way she did with everyone else.

"Aw, come on babe." Lexi leaned forward and wrapped her arms around the redhead's waist as she kissed the middle of her shoulder. "You know you love me," she mocked, trying to get Cheryl to relax under her touch.

Cheryl sighed and pushed Lexi so that she fell back on the couch with her head landing on the arm of the sofa. Lexi's eyes had widened but that same grin still graced her face. Cheryl rolled her eyes as the next words left the brunette's lips, "Rough and wild, I think I'm gonna like kinky Cherry."

"Shut up," Cheryl groaned leaning over the girl's body to place a soft kiss on her strawberry lipstick. "Lex?"

The brunette hummed in response, wanting to go back to kissing the redhead. Cheryl's kisses were like novocaine. Once you have a taste, there's no going back and Lexi had no intention of getting a patch on her arm to help her stop breathing in the drags of sweet relief.

"What if someone sees us? My parents, they can't know about us or they'll kick me out and wipe me from the family tree." Cheryl looked vulnerable again with her guard down, something she only did with Jason and Lexi.

Lexi felt the need to console her, despite the fact she was bloody awful at it. Reaching up, she pulled a strand of fire kissed hair behind her ear and used her other hand under her chin to guide Cheryl into another kiss. This one lasted just as long but it was much more meaningful, like it had the power to wash away all of their sins. "We'll say we're just friends, I'm not going to make you do anything that might hurt you or damage your image in any shape or form."

"It's not my image that I'm afraid my sexuality is going to affect, it's where I'm going to live after I get thrown out." Cheryl frowned, thinking about all the ways her parents would conjure up to punish her.

"Hey, you can come live here." Lexi teased causing Cheryl to smile lightly at the girl's playful nature. "I mean, I'll have to charge you rent but I think I know how you can pay me."

"Is that right?" Cheryl played allowed, letting her lips brush against Lexi's softly. "How will I do that exactly?"

"Kiss me," Lexi groaned in a husky voice making a shiver run down Cheryl's spine. "— for starters."

Their lips met again, more roughly and hungrily. They kissed like they were breathing life back into each other, like they were tasting a new exotic fruit, like they could not live without the other's touch. Lexi's hands went to cup Cheryl's butt while Cheryl's went into Lexi's scalp and tangled themselves in the living mess that was her hair.

Cheryl gasped as Lexi squeezed her butt and shot her tongue into the redhead's mouth, catching her in surprise. They fought for dominance before Lexi smiled in to the kiss and rolled them over so they fell off the couch and onto the carpeted floor. Cheryl didn't have a chance to groan at the small amount of pain in her backside as Lexi kissed her again and again, on her lips, on her jaw, on her collarbone.

A/N sorry for the long wait, i just couldnt for the life of me find any inspiration for this chapter but then I thought you can't go wrong with a little makeout session so there you have it. Hope you all like it ;)