( TWENTY. the lodge girl )

TWENTY.
THE LODGE GIRL.

              Lexi couldn't believe that this year's first day of school was going to be even more nerve wrecking than last year's

      Lexi couldn't believe that this year's first day of school was going to be even more nerve wrecking than last year's. The girl was beginning to think she had the worse luck when it came to first days.

A lot had happened in the last year. In the summer, Lexi's parent's had passed away, she attended rehab, and she broke up with her cheating boyfriend. During the school year, she set her best friend up for a job in drug dealing and gotten into a secret relationship. Now all she had to do was convince the town Jason Blossom was dead. If only everything was as easy as it sounded.

Betty was currently welcoming the new girl, Veronica Lodge, to hell when Lexi got there. "Kevin is—"

"Gay," Veronica smirked as she interrupted Betty. "Thank God. Let's be best friends."

Kevin smiled before he caught sight of Lexi and Cole walking in the front doors. "I was expecting more tears to be honest."

Betty looked over Veronica's shoulder to see what Kevin was talking about. She frowned at him, knowing he didn't like her best friend as much as she did. "Everyone has different ways of handling their grief. I talked to—"

"I'm sorry, who are we talking about?" The Lodge girl interrupted the blonde again.

The Hale girl was too busy having a screaming match with Cole at his locker to notice the trio staring at her. Veronica looked her up and down, trying to determine whether she was going to be a threat.

"Lexi Hale, co-queen slash bitch of Riverdale," Kevin informed. "Also Betty's unlikely best friend, second to me, of course."

"Hey, she's not that bad." Betty defended before noticing the girl was marching towards them.

Lexi smiled at her favourite blonde before she noticed a third pair of eyes belonging to a girl wIth raven hair. Her pearl necklace alone looked like it cost more than Lexi's entire closet. She only looked away to send a sly smirk to the boy glaring at her. "Kevin."

"Lexi," he repeated the greeting they kept for one another.

"Betty, I missed you. Why did you have to go on that internship?" The brunette pouted teasingly as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"I missed you too, Lex. How was your summer?" Betty asked before she could stop herself. Her eyes widened as she noticed Lexi's face fall, "I'm sorry, I didn't think."

"It was alright, all things considered." Lexi gave her a reassured smile to know she was okay. She felt guilty for lying to Betty about it. Jason's plan was to leave town with the girl's sister and she wasn't even allowed to tell Betty that Polly was safe and sound.