✟ 5.| Changes

"Always go through with the choice that scares you the most, because that's the one that's going to help you grow." - Caroline Myss

D R E A M casually walked throughout Macy's, casually skimming through the baby section while pushing a stroller. Her neatly arched eyebrows furrowed together, as she continued to search for name brand items as her mind went in overdrive.

After staying in the baby section for so long, she decided to go over to where the women's department was and picked up a few things. Dream grabbed about five items she planned to try on and properly laid them on the stroller before heading to the dressing room.

"How many?" The ditsy white girl asked with a bright smile.

"Just five." Dream smiled in return looking around the store locking eyes with her sister before placing her attention back on the employee who handed her a door hanger with a number five on it.

Dream could tell the employee was about to tell her she wouldn't be able to take the stroller in the back, so for dramatic effect, she hit a button causing a baby's cries to erupt from behind the blanket covering the stroller. It was a high end, fancy stroller with a place that zipped up behind where the baby sat.

The perfect place to store stolen items.

"I'm so sorry. He's cranky today, teething I believe." Dream sighed, "I'll just have to put all this back and-"

"No it's fine, just take the stroller with you and get him settled then try on the clothes." The employee spoke causing Dream to smile and thank her.

When she got to her dressing room, she waited a few seconds before she shut off the crying and changed it to noises of a baby sucking on a bottle. In the midst of the invisible baby sucking on a bottle, she pulled out her sensor remover and began to remove the sensors on the baby items she stuffed inside the secret department on the stroller.

As soon as she was done, she placed all her stolen items back in the secret department and walked out of the dressing room. She tossed the sensors in a garbage can and headed back to meet the employee giving her back four outfits and the door hanger before making her way to the register.

The only reason she was buying an outfit, was to make things less suspicious.

After she paid for that one outfit, she left out of Macy's and headed out to the car storing away the items in the trunk of her sister's car. The two had traveled all the way to Houston just to hit a lick, along with her friend Monroe.

Monroe was already at the car, and now the two were just waiting on Dream's sister Danielle. Not long after Danielle came out, and the three left the scene like never ever happened.

Danielle had a boyfriend that lived in the Houston area, so Dream and Monroe dropped her off. Dream didn't understand why she dealt with someone that couldn't do anything but give her a wet ass, but she didn't care because it was Danielle's life.

After dropping Danielle off, Monroe and Dream decided to grab some food from Timmy Chan's. Monroe having general chicken with shrimp fried rice and an egg roll, while Dream opted for buffalo wings and fries.

"I gotta pay this damn light bill when we get back," Monroe sighed pushing her pink curls out her face, "Styles getting on my damn nerves, I wish he would find him a damn job."

Monroe wasn't your typical female. She came from a family that knew struggle like no other, but it taught all the women how to hustle.

She had been hustling since she was thirteen, periodically nickel and diming. She eventually graduated to stealing, which was something she was good at and it was easy for her to get out of trouble due to her good looks.