I'm Not Worried

"Mmm," I opened my eyes slowly, squinting my eyes against the light. I try to sit up and am greeted with a soft throbbing in my abdomen.

"Hey, slow down there," Shirayuki's green eyes come into focus. "You might pull those stitches."

Stitches?

What did I...need...stitches for...

Vela.

I grab a hold of Shirayuki's arm, "Where is she? Where's Vela?"

She looks at me with a sympathetic smile, "Obi-"

"Where is she?" My grip on her arm tightens.

"She's gone."

I suddenly feel very tired.

"Gone?"

Shirayuki pulls away from my loosened grip and hugs herself, "They took her."

"I see," I stare out the window, "how long ago?"

"Maybe a couple of hours ago," Shirayuki places water on the table next to me. "You should really rest. Everyone is doing all they can to find her."

I stare down at the bandage around my stomach.

A hand touches my arm. I look up to see Shirayuki leaning towards me, "We will bring her back. You don't need to worry."

I put on a fake smile, "Don't worry, Miss. I'm not worried. I trust the master."

She gives me a tentative smile and moves for the door, "I'll tell someone to bring you food."

I wait for Shirayuki's red hair to disappear behind the door before making a move. I throw the covers off and stand carefully, not wanting to pull any stitches.

My head spins, and I lean against a wall for support.

I gulp down some water and tug on a shirt.

I open a window and a cool breeze blows in, "Don't worry, Vela. I'm coming."

And I hope I won't be too late.