Chapter 11: Suiko

Herobrine's laugh echoed throughout the Household Trial room.
"Welcome all to the third Household Trial! Today you'll all be unraveling the truth behind Seto's death!"
Tyler noticed two more black and white portraits with pink X's through them; one of Ant and one of Seto.
"It seems that we've got two mysteries to solve this time," Quentin said. "We also need to find out who attacked Tyler. Of course, they can't be executed, but they can definitely be posed as a threat from now on." Everyone nodded in agreement.
"So, we should start with Tyler's case first, because it could lead clues to who killed Seto," Brice suggested. Mitch nodded. "The culprits are probably the same person, right?"
Ryan frowned. "I don't think so, actually. The culprit for Tyler's attack might not have wanted to take risks. Anyways, let's just start with Tyler's mystery first."
Matt turned to face Tyler. "So what can you tell us right before you were attacked?"
Tyler looked around at the circle of curious faces. "Well, I was sitting in the Living Room on the second floor, just...thinking about everything that's been happening lately. I started to hear footsteps behind me, so I went to turn around to see who was there, but I felt something hit me in the head hard, obviously the person knocking me out, and that's all I remember. I never saw the culprit, or the weapon."
Quentin frowned. "Hm. So what time was that around?"
"Uh, sometime in the afternoon, after Lunch. I left the Dining Hall after Seto, and I didn't see anyone else as I was walking to the Living Room, or when I was in the Living Room," Tyler replied.
Brice tilted his head. "Could the culprit have already been in the Living Room, hiding, perhaps?"
Tyler shook his head. "I don't...think so. I think I would have seen if they were already there."
Brice looked thoughtful. "They could have been hiding somewhere in the hallway, right? In the bathroom or the Study Room?"
Quentin nodded. "That makes sense..." Jerome's eyes widened. "Could that have something to do with why Seto was found in the Study Room, and not the Enchanting Room?"
Matt leaned forward eagerly. "We were all down at the Dining Room when Tyler left except for Seto. Nobody saw Seto go down to the Enchanting Room, right? He could have been waiting in the Study Room the whole time, waiting for someone like Tyler to come down."Ryan nodded. "He could have even just been there, noticed Tyler, and decided it was the perfect opportunity to try and kill him."
Ty frowned. "Then how do you think Seto was murdered? It was obviously after Tyler, so he's still a suspect, but who could have killed him after?"
Everyone went quiet, thinking.
"Wait!" Tyler exclaimed. "Wasn't Seto's knife bloody? What if...what if he slit his own throat with it?"
Everyone's eyes widened. "The blood on the knife definitely shows that blood had been drawn with it...and the way we found Seto's body, and the wound inflicted, it makes sense," Mitch pointed out with a nod.
"You're saying Seto killed himself?!" Adam exclaimed.
Brice shook his head. "I don't think so. First of all, why would Seto kill himself in the first place? Seto was smart; it could 't have been something stupid like guilt or anything."
"Seto was found dead after Tyler was found alive," Matt pointed out. "He might have been afraid we would have found out he was the true culprit, and didn't want to be treated with suspicion and caution when we found out..."
"Wait, that doesn't make sense though," Jason interjected. "The way we found Seto...it looked like he had died right then and there, right? Then why was there a bloody rag hidden in the bathroom across the hall?"
Everyone thought about this for a moment. Quentin sighed. "I'm not sure about that, but we should be focusing on Tyler's attack."
Bash spoke up. "But...we can confirm that it was Seto who hit Tyler with the crowbar, right?" he asked nervously.
Tyler nodded his head, but paused. He exchanged a look with Jason.
"Bash," Tyler said slowly. "How did you know the weapon was a crowbar?"
Bash jumped in surprise. "I-I...!"
Ty frowned. "Was he just guessing?"
Jason shook his head. "No, Tyler and I found a bloody crowbar in the closet on the third floor. It was obviously the weapon used on Tyler."
Jerome looked over at Bash in shock. "Bash, you were the one who tried to kill Tyler, weren't you?!"
Bash seemed speechless, and he was visibly shaking. Mitch narrowed his eyes. "You might as well admit. You won't be punished, because Tyler isn't dead...unless, did you kill Seto too, then?"
Everyone stared at Bash. "Speak up, already!" Matt demanded. Bash shook his head shakily. "N-no...I would never t-try to hurt Tyler..."
"Then how'd you know about the crowbar when only Jason and Tyler had seen it?" Adam asked with a look of shock and disgust on his face. "Don't say you found it when investigating. You wouldn't have sounded so sure the weapon was the crowbar unless you had known for a fact that it was the murder weapon!"
Bash looked around, shaking violently. "B-Because...it was Ty! T-Ty was the one who found the crowbar in the first place!" he exclaimed, pointing to Ty.
"Blaming Ty for no reason? That's just low," Jerome muttered. Tyler looked over at Ty, who had only tilted his head to the side with a calm expression. Shouldn't he be a bit more worried? Tyler thought.
To everyone's surprise, Ty just gave a small chuckle. "And why do you suspect me, Bash?"
Bash glared at Ty, gripping the sides of his desk. "Because...Y-You were there!"
Ty blinked. "Can you prove it?"
Bash looked down. "N...no..."
Ty gave a lighthearted chuckle, and a small smile. "Then you're shamelessly trying to blame me, with no specific evidence to support you," he replied calmly.
How is this guy so calm?! Tyler asked himself.
"So...Bash, you were obviously the one who attacked Tyler, then, right?" Matt asked.
Bash was silent.
"Bash?" Ryan asked.
Bash was silent.
"Bash!" Mitch demanded.
Bash looked down at the ground, gripping the sides of his desk. He suddenly stopped shaking, and slowly one hand rose to his face and removed his 3D red and blue glasses. With a simple flick, he turned the glasses inside out. Tyler noticed with a pang of uneasiness that on this side, both lenses were red as Bash slowly put the glasses back on and raised his head to face everyone again.
When Tyler saw his face, his eyes widened. Bash was now wearing a large, unnatural, almost insane smile, and his 3D glasses with both lenses red.
"Ahahahaha! I guess you caught me! Boo-hoo!" Bash exclaimed, raising his hands and tilting his head to the right as he said 'Boo' and to the left as he said 'Hoo'.
"Bash, what are you doing?" Brice asked with a frown.
"So you're admitting?" Mitch asked, raising an eyebrow.
Bash glared at Brice. "Don't call me that! That's not my name."
Ryan frowned. "Pretty sure it is."
Bash glared at everyone. "I'm not Bash! I'm Suiko! Suiko the Basher, to be exact!"
"Bash, what's gotten into you?" Adam asked with a frightened and confused expression.
Bash gritted his teeth. "I said, don't call me that! I'm Suiko!"
Quentin folded his arms. "Alright then, Suiko, what are you doing?"
Bash, or 'Suiko' laughed loudly. "I thought it was time to shed that terrified little idiot Bashur's skin and show you all me for once!"
Jerome's eyes widened. "This...this is the real you? Bashur was just an act?"
Suiko shook his head with a smug smile. "No, no, no! Bashur is real! I'm real too! We just have split personalities!"
Adam took a step back. "You mean...Bash has multiple personalities?"
Suiko smiled, a terrifying smile. "Not multiple. Just me. The two of us. Nothing more!"
Quentin frowned. "So...Bash had a second personality...what are you, exactly, then?"
The red lenses in Suiko's glasses glinted. "I told you, fish! I'm Suiko the Basher! With an -ER, not a -UR! I'm a killer who bashes people!"
Everyone stared at him in shock and fear.
"Then hitting Tyler on the head with a crowbar sounds exactly like something you'd do!" Jason exclaimed.
Suiko chuckled. "Well, duh! That's because I did it! I attacked Tyler. It was obvious! But you can't kill me for it, nah-nah!" he tormented childishly.
"Oh? Who said you didn't kill Seto, too?" Matt asked.
Suiko laughed. "Don't you idiots listen to anything I say? I'm a basher, not a slasher. If I was gonna kill Seto, I would've given him a nice ol' thwack on the head with something. A big book, maybe."
Mitch rolled his eyes. "You're still in suspicion."
Tyler looked over at Suiko. "So...if you attacked me, and not Bash, then how did Bash know all that stuff?"
Suiko laughed again. "Sometimes, our memories get a bit mixed up! We might remember bits and pieces of something the other was present for, and that's what happened with Bash! He knew about the crowbar, and Ty, but the poor soul didn't know why!"
Brice frowned. "Wait, so then Ty was there?" Suiko nodded. "Yep! He was being a sneaky one, trying to get Bash to attack Tyler. He saw the perfect opportunity! However, all that talk triggered me instead. How lucky for him!"
Adam looked over at Ty. "Ty, is this true?"
To everyone's surprise, Ty gave a small laugh and smiled. "Yep. I tried to prompt Bash to kill you. Then, I realized that he had another personality! It was fascinating! He said his name was Suiko, and Suiko generously offered to kill Tyler instead."
Everyone stared at Ty. "Ty...why would you do that?!" Tyler demanded.
Ty laughed, a bit louder than his quiet, lighthearted chuckle. "I wanted to test Bash's hope. Bash seemed the most nervous out of anyone, the one to most easily fall to despair. So I gave him the perfect opportunity to kill and see if he really did have enough hope. And now I realize why see seems so weak with hope! It's because he has a completely different personality, overflowing with despair!"
"You're insane...trying to get someone to kill to 'test their hope?' What would you have done if Tyler actually died?!" Matt exclaimed.
Ty shrugged. "Well, then I would know who to watch out for. I wouldn't be getting the one executed; I could have clearly proved to you it was Bash, or Suiko, actually."
Tyler stared at Ty in shock. He wanted to say something, but couldn't. Ty had seemed so calm and polite, and was becoming a good friend of his. Had he really gotten Suiko to try and murder him, just to 'test his hope'?
And Bash! Bash, who was always quiet and nervous, had a second personality as a killer! Who else was secretly insane amongst the Super Minecrafters?
"Ty..." Brice said slowly. "So if it was you and Suiko who attacked Tyler all along, then which one of you killed Seto?"
Everyone turned to look at the two.
Suiko shrugged. "Don't look at me. I just did what I was told, an that was to bash Tyler."
"Ty?" Jerome asked.
Ty gave his signature calm, small smile. "I wish I could tell you. Really, I do. You all seem to have a fair amount of hope. However, I don't know who killed Seto. It was neither me, nor Bash, nor Suiko."