• Southern Courtship ; 11 •

"If only I had known to expect your return, Liana. I would've been freshly groomed," He stood over me, staring into my eyes so intently that I could barely breathe. I hoped he was only referring to the beard he was currently sporting. I always hated the way it use to tickle my skin whenever he kissed it. For me, he had shaved on multiple occasions, including his lower region, which he so kindly offered without me ever having to request it. He was a forward man, but despite the circumstances, I've always felt like I've had a pinch of control over him - more than anyone else had before I came around, that is. Nonetheless, he was still very dominating.

As soon as he had gotten me into the RV, he walked me back until the backs of my knees stopped at the end of the bed, which I fell onto, now only held up by my elbows. I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted in this moment, but it was evident that my feelings had resurfaced for this man - this murderer, this horrible person that had tormented so many innocent people, including myself, and now my family. How could I even be selfish enough to think that this could ever work? Why did I want it to?

"I thought you'd kill me if I ever showed my face to you again, Negan..." I struggled to allow his name to slip from my lips. He caught my hesitation, and tilted his head, his smile fading as I lowered my gaze to his clothes. That black leather jacket that I had been caught wearing once before, his red scarf, and finally the jeans down below, hugging tightly against his legs. I always loved that jacket on him.

"I'm shocked really. That you'd peg me as that type of man," He said sarcastically, sitting down besides me, his hard eyes trained on me as I finally looked back up at him.

I scoffed, "Then what do you call that outside? Just a little fun? Those people... I care about those people Negan, they are my family!" I finally yelled at him, unable to hold back my anger. In private quarters, he was a different person completely. Nothing compared to the monster I had spent months hiding from.

"I should be the only family you have concern for. I provided for you Deliana. I defended you. Hell, I even made you my bride-" He tried to justify, but I quickly reminded him why that wasn't such an accomplishment after all. If only I had known about the surprises that were waiting for me once I agreed to his stupid deal when I had first met him.

"I'm not the only one," I said harshly, the day that I found him with his pants down and a girl at his disposal instantly came to mind. I looked away from him, still able to feel my heart constricting in the same way it did the first time. It broke me. Made me less than his woman, or his lover, no, it made me his sex slave... just another able body that he could have whenever he pleased.

"How many times do I have to tell you, I'm not giving up my wives? It's not gonna happen, doll."

He leaned over me, pressing me into the hard mattress as he inched closer to my face. I held my breath, waiting with my eyes closed as he hovered above me, his warm breath fanning my checks. I could feel them flushing already.

"Then neither is this..." I struggled to say as I shoved him away from me. My hormones were bouncing off the walls, but there was no way I was going to kiss him! Especially right now! When my family was right outside, afraid to die. Hell, I was still afraid of him.

"You've seemed to forgotten that you don't have a choice," Negan said back, shoving me onto the bed and straddling me, pulling off his leather jacket in the process. He lowered his face to my abdomen, lifting my shirt and making goosebumps rise along every inch of my body.