3.

The prince quickly gulped down his food, commenting on the great taste of the meal and excusing himself from the table

The prince quickly gulped down his food, commenting on the great taste of the meal and excusing himself from the table. He had caught sight of Ophelia heading back to her own bedroom. Only, she was walking in the wrong direction. He stepped out of the dining room and into the empty hallway, jogging to catch up to Ophelia.

"You seem lost."

Ophelia snaps around to face the somewhat familiar voice. Her eyes widen as they land on the prince, standing with a gentle smile on his face. He was much taller than her and had to look down to meet her eyes.

"Your Highness," Ophelia curtsied. "Is there anything I can do for you?" She was all of a sudden flustered by the prince in front of her and felt her cheeks heat up in a blush. His beauty was distracting and she tried not to make it seem like she was drooling over him.

"Please, you can just call me Shawn." He flashes her a charming smile and spent a few moments thinking about his next words. Shawn didn't want to make a fool of himself in front of her by saying the wrong thing. "I only noticed that you were heading to the stables and assumed that maybe you were heading the wrong way. They're usually shut at this time of the evening."

Ophelia's cheeks grew pinker. "Oh, I didn't realise I was walking in the wrong direction."

"If you don't mind me asking," Shawn said. "you're my sister's maid, correct?"

"Yes, Your Highness," Ophelia nodded, her gaze falling to her shoes.

"Are you heading to your new quarters? Assuming you've moved into Analise's old chambers."

Ophelia bit back a smile. "Actually, I am."

"Then let me show you the way," Shawn smiles. "Please."

"Of course, Your Highness," replied Ophelia. There was no way she would have ever said no to the prince, out of fear of stunting her recent promotion.

"There's no need for you to formally address me," Shawn glances down to Ophelia due to the height difference, sending her a friendly smile. "Shawn will do."

Ophelia stayed silent, her mind racing with the nerves and fears and expectations that came with the Prince's company. He kept glancing down at her every few seconds, holding himself from tearing away the silence.

"Tell me your name," Shawn blurts, pushing his hair out of his face and digging his hands into his pockets; something he knew his mother would disagree with.

"Ophelia Grace Cartwright," She muttered shyly, making only a seconds worth of eye contact with Prince Shawn.

Shawn smiles, dragging his bottom lip between his teeth; an action that made Ophelia's heart skip a beat. "A beautiful name for a beautiful girl."

Ophelia hoped that Shawn wouldn't notice her blush. Prince Shawn didn't say or show that he did in fact notice, walking beside Ophelia in the correct direction.