Chapter 4 ~Call It Stress~

Hallie's P.O.V.

My jaw dropped. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. HOME! I thought. I blinked back tears i could feel welling up in my eyes, and smiled brightly. I was going home! To the ranch! To see Mom, and Dad- Tucker, Stan, Tyler, and Riley! My grandparents! Theo laughed and clapped his hands together, Gavin Degraw gave him a side hug and said something I couldn't hear. Amber's eyes turned wide with excitement and laughed.

"This week on the Next One, you all will be returning home so the viewers can get an idea of your home life! They'll watch you practice songs, and do what you usually do when you're home! Oh! Also, your band mentors will be coming with you!" Spoke a voice. Within a matter of seconds, Andy was walking on stage and shooing off Aunt Carol. Well, it wasn't her job anyways.

Hold up. He just said that the bands were coming with us? Oh. My. God.

- Let me explain....

Well, as you just discovered, I have a bit of a large family. There's my grandparents, Gigi and Gramps- Otherwise known as Geraldine and Norman- but everyone calls them Gigi and Gramps. There's my Mom and Dad- who are utterly perfect for each other. Married 25 years and still going strong. Getting more into detail, my Mother's kind of the boss of the house (if you'll believe that) when she isn't doing real estate, she takes care of a lot of the business, and the ranch hands, and a lot of financial things- and manages to keep herself put together. Probably one of the strongest women I know. My Father is a good man. He raised my brothers and I right- except he wasn't very good at remembering that I was a girl. So, I often got treated like one of the boys. Being the second to youngest in my family -it was tough having 3 older brothers- and one younger. It was always pretty hard to keep up. Speaking of my brothers....

First there was Tucker. He's 24, and currently in a partnership with my Dad at the ranch, my Dad needed help and Tucker stepped up to the plate when he graduated from University of Texas in 2011. He's also currently married to his high school sweetheart, Melody. They were what I wanted in a relationship. She was literally like the big sister I never had. They also had a daughter named Annabelle, she was 4. Then there was Stanley, or as we all call him, Stan. He's 21. Currently enrolled at St. Edwards University, and possibly the sweetest boy on the face of the earth- and smart too! He's going into student ministry. My parents couldn't of been more proud of him. Then there's Tyler, he's 19 the All-American-Texan-Football-Player-Popular boy, basically the epitome of a Southern Gentleman. But his downfall is his brain. He had to repeat his sophomore year- and finally made it to senior year (Thank God) and was hopefully graduating- and the funny thing was he was probably the most protective out of all of them, most likely because we're closest in age. Really though- it isn't that protective. None of the boys ever really had to be, because I was taught to take care of myself. And I took pride in that. Lastly is my little brother, Riley. He's turning 16 this year- next week actually. He looks up to Tucker, Stan, and Tyler a lot. But, probably follows Tyler's example most, because he's in high school with him.

Oh right, then there's me. Hallie, 17 years old. I'm currently-

Wait.

One Direction was going to be coming home with me.

Let me rephrase that- One Direction was coming to Texas. Five boys- 4 from Britain- and 1 from Ireland were going to be staying with me in Austin, Texas. Had they even seen a cow before? Let alone, dirt? This was crazy. We would be there for....how long?

"Umm- how long will this be for?" I asked slightly raising my hand.

"Each of the contestants will be leaving with their mentors tomorrow- for two weeks." Andy replied

"TWO. WEEKS?" I blurted out, to quickly cover my mouth and the boys all turned to give me an odd look. I looked down awkwardly. And shook my head clear of thoughts.