Chapter 8 ~Call It Curiousity~

Hallie's P.O.V.

"Rise 'n Shine, Princess! It's time for chores!" Tyler's voice rang out loud and obnoxious through my door. I groaned, rolling over onto my stomach. Pushing the stray hairs out of my eyes, I looked over to my alarm clock; 7:30. I yawned and looked around my room to meet Steven's (remind you, our camera man) concentrated gaze, as he held a bulky black camera. My confused stare soon faded when my memory came back to me; I was supposed to be filmed during my time at home.

Act natural. I thought to myself.

I stretched and got out of bed, and opened my closet. The cool, familiar scent of my laundry washed over me. I pulled out a pair of old rain boots, worn denim cutoffs , and one of the many old shirts that used to belong to one of my brothers. Steven followed me as I walked into my bathroom, shutting the door before he could enter.

"I don't think so." I muttered to myself, and turned towards the mirror. My hair was all over the place. I lifted up my hand to move my bangs when my eyes fell upon the bandage wrapped around it. Memories from the night before flashed through my mind.

Harry was so utterly confusing. He was pushy, yet understanding, cocky, yet humble, and oblivious, yet witty. There was something about him that just... I don't even know. He was irritating, infuriating, and for some reason I still put up with him.

I quickly brushed my teeth, and pulled my long hair back into a pony tail. Wiping beneath my eyes of whatever make up had remained. My bathroom door creaked as I opened it and strolled out and peered around my room. Steven was gone. Probably outside filming the chickens, horses, cows, or one of the many other animals we had.

I picked up my rain boots, and slowly tiptoed out of my room; doing my best not to make any noise. The door to Louis and Harry's room was cracked; I poked my head through it.

Curled into a a ball, Louis was tucked deep under the covers, his head covered by the eggshell sheets. Harry, on the other hand was stretched out. His curls covered his face messily, mouth slightly parted as he let out deep breaths. I felt myself let a small smile creep onto my face and slowly shut the door, to not make any noise.

....

"So, those boys are pretty nice." Tyler mentioned as I walked into the barn and started towards Ash's stall.

"Yeah." I shrugged, as I made it to the stall door. "They're alright I guess."

"What's up with you and that Harry-guy?" he asked. I paused, a confused look covered my face.

"What do you mean?" I questioned unknowingly. He let out a smug laugh.

"How's that hand of yours, Hal." he chuckled, I glanced down at my covered hand and rolled my eyes.

"It's fine, Ty." I muttered

"I bet it is-" I cut off his smartass remark

"-Shut up."

His laugh grew louder, and I did my best to ignore it; I hooked a lead rope onto the Ash's halter, taking him outside to wash him.

I was consumed in my thoughts once again as I began to hose him down, and within a few minutes Ash was clean and ready to be let out into the paddock. I led him over to the rusted silver gate, and unlocked the hinge, letting it creak open. Ash bolted into the pasture as soon as I unhooked him, kicking his feet every which way. At first, I enjoyed the sight of watching my horse run around- but then he began to roll around in the dirt.

"Ash!" I shouted flustered and took off for him. He hoisted himself off his laying position and shook his coat of any loose dirt, and soon enough I was looking at a horse in desperate need of another bath.