Chapter 44

Vinny woke, dazed and confused. As his eyes peeled open, he was faced with complete darkness. Last night, he went to bed with Oliver just like normal. But now, something definitely felt wrong. Why could he not see anything?

Closing his eyes again, he thought that maybe he was dreaming.

When he tried moving his hands, that's when his heart spiked in his chest. They were tied together behind his back, he couldn't move them, not even an inch. He then noticed that the floor was hard and cold. His head was leaning against what felt like a concrete wall. He was uncomfortable and ached like he had been here a while. 

Where could he be?

He tried sitting up but his mind felt strange and it wasn't functioning properly. He felt intoxicated by alcohol, yet it wasn't quite the same. He rattled his brains and still, his head wouldn't let him concentrate on anything.

He closed his eyes once more and that is when a vivid memory suddenly invaded his thoughts. This is what he remembered:

After swimming in the pool for hours, it was around ten o'clock in the evening and Oliver was looking a little tired. They both decided to go back to their room while Vinny allowed his soulmate to shower first. When they were both changed into pyjamas, they relaxed in bed.

He remembered Oliver watching him as he read his book before eventually falling asleep. The vampire waited until it was almost midnight until he also went to sleep. He was asleep for only two hours until he was woken up, and it wasn't by Oliver.

Someone unfamiliar was leaning over him, he tried to struggle but his limbs were starting to feel weak. He could feel a sharp stabbing pain in his neck, making him realise, he must have been drugged.

He vaguely remembered being pulled from the bed. Looked around for Oliver, he was already gone. He put up a further struggle before then passing out.

Vinny's mind flashed immediately back to the present. Where was his soulmate?

"Oliver!?" He croaked, desperately hoping for a reply. But of course, there was no response.

His head started to hurt and a lonely feeling was rising in his chest. He had no idea where he was or where Oliver was. He didn't know if his parents were okay or if John was safe.

* * * * *

"Hello!? Vinny?" Oliver shouted, but just like every other time, there was no response. He leant his head back against the wall and sighed sadly.

Unlike Vinny, Oliver could see. There was nobody in the room when he woke up but he remembered being taken. He had been kidnapped in the middle of the night by a group of people in white masks. They waited until he was out of the bedroom before they drugged him.

He was changed into jeans and a t-shirt. Someone must have done it which is an odd thing for a kidnapper to do. Unless they're planning on taking him somewhere and he couldn't be seen in his pyjamas.

However, to say he was terrified would be an understatement. He has never been in this amount of danger before and he didn't know if Vinny was okay. Was he taken too? He didn't know if his dad was okay or if Duke and Madison were safe.

His nervous eyes scaled the room. The wallpaper was torn and scratched off the walls. Mould was growing in the corners and there wasn't any carpet or laminate flooring. It was just a cold concrete ground, looking like an abandoned house.

He didn't know what time it was or how long he has been here for, yet he was missing Vinny with all his heart, his chest felt incredibly heavy and sore from their bond.

* * * * *

"Will you God damn listen to me, our children have been kidnapped!" Duke shouted and paced up and down the dining room.

They didn't realise until this morning when nobody came down for breakfast that Vinny and Oliver had been taken. There have been signs of a clear struggle as things were knocked over in their bedroom.

The police stood politely in the Vanderwood dining-room. They have been here for twenty minutes and already, people were searching for the boys and interviewing people.

Their parents were losing their minds and Duke had no patience.

"Yes Alpha, but they could have gone for a walk or-"

"Vinny would have told us. You know what happened when that maniac crashed into our car. He held a gun to our sons head and now he and Oliver have gone missing. They have clearly been taken!" Duke interrupted him while Madison rubbed his back.

"What are you talking about?" John asked and ran a hand through his hair. He was trying to stay calm, but his son was missing and could be in serious danger.

"On Tuesday, when Vinny and Oliver's bond went over their limit, someone crashed into our car and attempted to take Vinny by threatening him with a gun. Obviously, our son didn't cooperate and knocked him out. But now that they've gone, I can't help but think whoever is responsible for their kidnapping was responsible for that too."

When John heard the word gun, his mind went into overdrive and he started freaking out.

"You have to find them, Oliver can't be in danger like this. He'll be so vulnerable compared to Vinny. What if they're not together? What if they're hurt!?"

"Sir, let's take a breath, okay? We will do everything we can to get your son back to you," The chief rested a hand on John's tense shoulder.

"Okay, okay, he'll be okay," John took a big breath, needing to calm down.

Vinny has been kidnapped before. It was in the seventeenth century and it was by a group of people who had started a secret rebellion against Vampires. Obviously, Vinny got out, and back in those days, the people responsible for his kidnapping were killed. But they didn't think that in this day and age, things like this would happen again.

"Is there any news yet? We don't know how long they've been gone for. We don't even know where they are. They could be anywhere!"

"John, calm down, I know it's tough to be told that when your son is missing, but wherever they are, Vinny will not stop until Oliver is safe. I have complete faith that they will be found." Duke was trying to be positive to reassure himself and his wife.

* * * * *

Vinny doubled over in pain when his chest ached with sorrow. He had been apart from his soulmate for a while, it felt like they were way past their limit.

He kept tugging at his hands. He could feel the rope around his wrists and knew he was strong enough to snap it, he just had to keep going until his strength came back from whatever he was drugged with.

The main goal was finding Oliver. So for now, he had to concentrate on finding him. It was hurting his chest from the strong pull of their bond. Although, he was exceptionally determined to get free.

The vampire wanted to scream and cry from how much heartache he was feeling, but he had to be mentally strong. If he allowed it to get inside of his head, his skills would become useless.