Chapter 70

Vinny and Oliver went straight to their bedroom, so they could have peace when trying to understand their new bond and its strengths. Oliver climbed on the bed and crossed his legs. He was facing Vinny, who was sitting at the other end with his back resting against the headboard.

They took a moment to study each other until they realised that they needed to be closer, much closer.

Oliver plunked himself next to the vampire. They immediately made physical contact whether it was holding hands, touching shoulders or wrapping their arms around each other.

"As odd as this sounds, I can't not touch you," Oliver said, now feeling much happier that his soulmate was right there.

"I know, I feel that way too." Vinny moved his face close. "There's something else; I'm not sure how to word it." Oliver watched as Vinny thought about what he was trying to say. A cute little frown formed between his eyes. "I feel mentally connected to you. When I think, I feel like you're thinking with me. Or when I speak, I feel like what I'm saying is partly influenced by you."

"Yeah, it's like your mind mixed with my mind, and I can feel your soul."

Vinny nodded. "Without a doubt, your soul is here." They covered their hearts with their hands. "But it's unusual how we do and say things at the same time."

"I think we could totally freak out your parents if we got good at this," Oliver chuckled.

"I think we already did," Vinny smiled, making Oliver want to kiss him, but he resisted the urge.

Vinny cocked his head to the side. He could feel Oliver's affection. "Is my smile that great?" he asked sarcastically.

"No, I just have a thing for vampires."

"Oh?" Vinny hummed and moved his face even closer. "Well, I guess you're in luck."

Oliver's gaze wandered to his mouth. They knew a kiss would feel like something nobody on this earth has ever felt before.

Knowing that the time was right because the time was always right, they connected their lips. To describe it as unique would be an understatement.

As soon as Vinny felt Oliver's smooth and soft lips touching his, an explosion of love hit his whole body. A tidal wave of emotions washed through them both.

Oliver couldn't describe how incredible it felt to truly connect with someone who he already shared a full soul with; it was like kissing his favourite thing in the world. Vinny was so much more than just his favourite thing. They have a part of each other circling in their bones and pumping through their bodies.

Vinny lifted his hand and rested it on the side of Oliver's face. The amount of passion shining in their eyes gave the illusion that they were glowing.

"That felt like our first kiss, but there was so much more too it." Oliver was a little breathless.

"Yes," Vinny agreed, making Oliver's heart flutter. "I can't believe this has happened." The emotion seemed to pour out of him.

"God, I'm so in love with you." Oliver wrapped his arms around his Vampire. "You're going to hear that a lot."

Vinny chuckled and pulled him as close as he could get him. "Good."

The boys woke up this morning without knowing something as substantial as this would hit them. It was just what they needed; it was just what Vinny needed.

They couldn't believe they were the first ever couple to experience sharing a full soul. When the word gets out, which it will because Jasper will not keep it to himself, other vampires will want to study them and observe what makes them different to normal strong-bonded couples.