Bad Everything

BAD EVERYTHING

Ellie grew up learning that what happens behind Coopers closed doors is intended to stay behind those doors. But the doors are made of glass, and she realizes that the world couldn't care less if their lives are a battlefield, because right now no one seems to care.

Ellie approaches the Blue and Gold door, it's ajar, and she can see Jughead and Betty inside, talking about something. She stands there for a while, gathering all her courage.

"Ellie is not talking to me. Do you know if things between her and Archie are still bad too?"

Jughead looks down. "I might. But you should talk to her."

"I tried." Betty sighs. "She won't talk to me, let alone about Archie."

"Ellie is loyal, and that's why she's everyone's backup plan." He tells her. "But that's also her curse, you know, to accept being everyone's second choice."

The couple falls into silence and Ellie takes the opportunity to step foward and call their attention, seeing that they seem to have finished their conversation, at least from far away.

"Betty," She knocks on the Blue and Gold's door, "can we talk?"

Jughead clears his throath, and Betty turns around to face her sister, she looks like she has been crying, probably from telling her boyfriend about last night's events.

"Ellie," Jug touches her shoulder as a gesture of comfort on the way out. "I'm sorry about your parents."

She nods, the knot in her throat preventing her from saying a word. How much does she hate that word that everyone keeps saying, sorry. She knows it's just a way of showing care and love but she's done hearing it.

"So what is it about?" Betty steps forward, when her boyfriend leaves the room.

"I'm ready to talk about what happened."

"Why now?"

Ellie sighs. "Sometimes things are going to hurt, and that's just how it is. I realized that I have two options, I either feel sorry for myself, or I move on. And I'm done feeling sorry for myself."

"I won't say I'm sorry again cause I know how much you hate that word," Betty smiles sadly then. "almost as much as I hate the word perfect but I want you to know that I love you, E."

"I know, I've always known." She holds her sister's hand. "And I meant it, I'm happy with you being the baby's godmother, you deserve it."

"Well, now you can be to. Polly is having twins."

"Yeah, Cheryl told me." Ellie rolls her eyes. "The usual daily bitchness."

"So I'm forgiven?" Betty arches her eyebrows.