A Good Time [2]

A GOOD TIME [2]

"So you can't tonight?"

"No." Ellie gives him a sad smile. "I still have to try, and stop my sister from doing a terrible mistake."

"And what would that be?" Reggie walks by her side, trying not to walk too fast. "If I'm allowed to know."

She rolls her eyes, the disapprovement clear in her features. "Throwing Jughead a birthday party." 

"The weirdo doesn't like his birthday, what –."

"Hey," Eleanor snaps, and faces him with a warning. "Don't talk about him like that."

"It was just a joke." Reggie tries to apologize.

"Jughead may be weird but he's my weird best friend." She points a finger at him. "And that means you don't get to joke about him."

"Hey," He raises his arms in the air, confused at her lecture. "Why are you so moody today?"

Ellie closes her eyes for a second, and sighs. "I'm just... frustated."

"You can talk to me." Mantle looks into her green eyes, maybe he can get her to open about to him. "Is this about... Archie?"

"Why does everything has to be about Archie?"

"It doesn't." He shakes his head. "I was just asking."

"Well, don't ask."

Eleanor walks away from Reggie, realizing later that she has hurt the boy who is only trying to be there for her. How sorry is she for hurting other people while she's hurting, because Reggie has touched the wound, the right damn subject, always Archie. It isn't Reggie's fault though, that he's in the middle of a story that's far from being over.

Ellie looks for shelter in the same place as always, the Blue and Gold. But instead of being empty and ready to welcome her, Betty and their Mom are already there, talking.

"A list of supplies for Jughead's birthday party."

Ellie walks in, calling their attention. "You're determined."

"Seems that your sister is really falling for the Jones boy," Alice comments, and turns to face Betty. "aren't you?"

"That's so not the point, cause of course she is." She steps forward, and tries one more time. "But Betty you're doing the wrong choice here, Jughead hates surprises and he sure hates his birthday."

"I think his Dad is going too." Betty tells her sister with enthusiasm. "That'll make him more happy, and it's inner-circle only, remember? Everything is gonna be fine."

"That's what everyone says right before the storm."

"You're just being dramatic, E."

Ellie scoffs. "Well, don't say I didn't warn you when it all turns to flames." 

"Come on, Eleanor. Just let your sister do something good for her boyfriend." Alice gestures with a soft smile. "I'm sure he'll love it."

Only, Ellie knows he won't.

They should stick up to the tradition and nothing more, cause usually when good people try to do something good, something bad happens. It's called destiny. So Eleanor is determined to stay by her tradition, as much as possible.

However, these couple of days things are getting out of track. Normal things are changing, some for the better, other for the very worse. Riverdale is changing and they are cursed to change along with it.