▪ 10 ▪

*Decided not to use povs because I realized how it can be so confusing at times.

"So basically you fucked up." Seungkwan said.

"Yeah basically." Soonyoung muttered.

After Soonyoung ran away from Jihoon, he bumped into Seungkwan in the dining hall, wiping some plates for dinner.

They both sat down on the chairs of the dining table.

"Why don't you just tell him? It wouldn't hurt, right?" Seungkwan asked.

"Seungkwan if I were in Jihoon's position, I would feel like I was just some toy. An amusement."

"Well that's true."

"Oh fuck you."

Soonyoung sighed. Then there was silence after.

Seungkwan broke the silence. "But you didn't mean it that way right?" He asked the gloomy prince.

"Yeah. I know I said it was just for fun but it ended up becoming so complicated for me.   But part of me felt like I couldn't show my true self towards him as a prince. That's also why I did it."

"It's ironic, honestly. I show my true self to him when I use my mask, but I can't without it."
Soonyoung continued.

Soonyoung laughed from what he just said. Seungkwan only nodded. The stylist was about to say that Soonyoung was totally gay for Jihoon but someone had come to interrupt their conversation.

"Maybe you were afraid my prince." Someone says from behind them. It was Minghao.

"You need to stop coming out like that. It's starting to get annoying." Seungkwan said annoyed but Minghao only glared at him.

The stylist cleared his throat.

"You were probably scared that Jihoon would think ill of you if you didn't act how they think a prince should act." Minghao told him, still glaring at Seungkwan.

"Wha--" Soonyoung was cut off by a sudden noise from outside the dining room.

"Mingyu is that you?" Soonyoung asked, but someone else stepped out from the doorway.

It was prince Jihoon's butler, Seokmin.

"Why do people keep popping out of nowhere." Seungkwan muttered to himself.

"Did you just hear what we were talking about?" Soonyoung asked worried.

"N-no. What do you mean you were talking about something--"

"Yeah he heard alright." Minghao said and took out his daggers behind him, ready to throw it at Seokmin.

Seokmin stumbled backwards.

"Woah woah woah, no need to do that now." Soonyoung said, getting up from his chair and held Minghao's hands down.

"Bro, you need to chill." Seungkwan told him, backing away.

"I saw him upstairs awhile ago but I didn't do anything because of you letting him go my prince." Minghao said, obviously itching to beat Seokmin up.

The assassin kept his daggers.

"Okay then," Soonyoung sighed and turned to the butler, "Which parts did you hear?"

"Definetly everything. Look at his face." Seungkwan pointed and Seokmin had fear painted all over him.

"Yeah okay, okay." Soonyoung said, helping Seokmin up.

He gestured for the butler to sit down on one of the chairs and the boys talked about the current situation of Soonyoung. They told Seokmin not to speak of the information brought to him to anyone else, most especially to Jihoon.
Soonyoung told the butler not to worry since in the end, he's going to tell Jihoon anyways.

"Can't believe you would do something like that." Seokmin said.

"Well yeah, but I did." The prince smiled. Although in the inside he wasn't so happy.

After a few more chats, Seokmin left leaving the three boys alone again.

"How are you so sure that we can trust him?" Minghao growled.

"Well if you can't keep still, then why don't you spy on him?" Soonyoung suggested. He was as stressed as Minghao was worried.

Minghao clicked his tongue and left the dining room.

Seungkwan sighed.

"I need to continue preparing the dining table, maybe you should talk to your guests for awhile, and avoid more trouble." Seungkwan patted Soonyoung's back, the prince only grumbled and soon left the room.