Chapter 13: Jealousy and Guitars

You guys are just crazy <3

The reads! ! ! ! !

I really wanted this chapter to up.

You guys deserve it <3

~~~~~~~~~~

Mitch's POV

I fell to the ground as a fist made contact with my cheek. Groaning, I get back up, fists risen again in defense. This time, a foot pushed into my stomach, once again knocking me into the ground. With a grunt, I get back up, my body slightly wavering.

My fists remained up, and my eyes remained closed. Suddenly, I feel my one of my fists being opened and an ice pack being placed into my palm. Warily, I opened my eyes to see myself face to face with the man who I started a fight with to save Alexandra. Running his hand through his dirty blonde hair, he looked at me as if he were studying me to watch my every move.

"I like you," he said finally, "You didn't back down at all. You're a tough kid," he complimented, smacking his large hand onto my back, which was sore from hitting the ground over and over.

With a weak grin, I nodded and looked towards Alexandra, who had large, wet tears running down her face and her small hands shaking uncontrollably.

Limping, I walk over to her and embraced her into a hug, only to notice once again the girl was staring at me again, as creepy as ever.

"Don't let that girl cross paths with me again," the man said, "I will not harm anyone in the village again. I am a man of my word. Now leave," he said, motioning towards the door.

Nodding once again, with the "starer" and Alexandra's help, I walked out the door back into the dirty streets of the village and back towards the restaurant Alexandra's uncle seemed to be working at. At that point, the starer finally tore her eyes off and ran off back towards the market, leaving me and Alexandra to walk into the outdoor restaurant.

"Oh my god," her uncle exclaimed running towards me, "Did you mess with Tom?!"

So that was his name, I thought. Responding with a nodd, he sighed and ran to grab an ice pack from the freezer.

Alexandra sighed and squeezed my hand tightly.

"Don't you dare scare me like that again Mitch," she finally said quietly and shakily gripping my hand harder, "You didn't even have to do that."

Replying shrug, her uncle suddenly returned into the room and table we were sitting at. On instinct, we tore our hands away from each other and stared at him.

"What exactly happened at Tom's mansion?" he asked me with an eyebrow raised with concern.

As I explained, he seemed to get more anxious by the minute. Once I mentioned the bet I won, he practically jumped out of his chair in happiness, leaving me surprised, since every other time I had seen him, he was so serious and collected.

"So you mean," he exclaimed pacing around the restaurant, "He won't bother anyone else here anymore?" With a raised eyebrow, I nodded. With a cheer, he ran out of the restaurant. Chuckling, I shook my head looking at Alexandra, whose cheeks were flushed with embarrassment from her uncle. Seeing me looking at her, she blushed even more furiously and tore her chestnut eyes away from mine.

"So, uh," I said awkwardly, "I'm just gonna.."

"Yeah," she replied just as awkwardly, scratching the back of her neck.

"Where do I stay?" I asked her worriedly, "I kinda missed the bus out of here again."

"Uh," she said refusing to look me in the eye, "There is an empty house right by mine. Stay there."