Labor Day (T.H)

Drop a request if you have one!

    For Labor Day, an upcoming holiday, you decided to go camping with your family. You were very excited to be getting away from the hospital stress. You pulled up behind your mom, you took your own vehicle if you decided to leave, which you probably won't. You loved camping as a child and you still love it now. You got out of your car and grabbed your bag. You yawned.

    "Hey, sis!" Your younger brother Luke said while hugging you.

"Y/N, I think you should rest. You look very tired." Your mom said. Indeed, you were very tired. You climbed the camper steps and went to your bed. You were surprised to how comfortable it felt. You were out in seconds.

****

"Y/N, wake up." Your father said softly. You opened your eyes. His hand left your shoulder and he stood up.

    "Foods ready!" Your brother cried. You got out of bed and changed into some shorts and a bikini top because you might- you'll definitely go night swimming.

"What'd you make?" You closed the camper door and turned around, you met eyes with the most attractive person you've ever seen. He looked really familiar. You couldn't figure it out, so you just pushed it away.

"Well, we made burgers and the Hollands here made chicken and shrimp. There's just so much of everything, we decided to share!" Your mother exclaims. The attractive persons eyes haven't left your body. You walked to the table and sat down on the right of a boy who might be your age. He introduced himself as Tom.

    "So Y/N, your mum was telling us you're working on your residency to be a surgeon?" Looking at the boy, your mom introduced as Harry, you nodded and wiped your mouth.

    "Wow, what's that like?" Nikki, you learned her name to be, laughed at her husbands joy.

    "It's great. I get to  scrub in a few times a day. It's really interesting."

    "What's the weirdest thing you've seen so far?" Tom asked, looking at you and smiling.

    "Well, a guy came in after being shot and I was scrubbing in with another intern. He was completely aware that he'd been shot, in the head. His wife came in and I was checking his records and they were arguing. I and the other intern, overheard them, and the wife was saying about how mad she was at him for cheating on her. Then the husband says, you're the one who shot me!" Their jaws dropped to the floor.

    "That's crazy," Paddy mumbled. Everyone nodded in agreement.

    "It must be s difficult job?" Sam asked.

    "It is." You wrapped your arms around yourself. It was getting chilly, you didn't realize your parents had put the food away, and they were sitting, chatting by the lake.

    "Are you cold?" Tom asked. His brothers glared at him, knowing that he liked you, and so did they. He pulled off his sweatshirt, his shirt lifted off a bit revealing his abs. He handed you the sweatshirt, which had Spider-Mans head on it. You pulled it on and looked at the logo.

    "Oooo, Y/N's got a crussshhh!" Like dang. You slapped his arm. Your mom must've seen because she hollered at you two to stop fighting.

    "You're Spider-Man!" You exclaimed while putting your hand to your forehead. "I saw you and thought you looked familiar. Now I know why." Everyone, including yourself, started to laugh.

    "I am Spider-Man!" Tom said in his cute accent. You looked at your watch, it was getting really late now. The sun started to set over the lake, which looked beautiful. Everyone branched off to do their own thing. You and Tom however, stood by the lake and watched the sunset. His arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you closer to his warm body. You hugged his waist and the sun sank lower and lower. You two faced each other and looked each other in the eyes. You were lost and so was he. Your faces started to move closer together, your lips inches away from his. He closed the space between the two of you and it was a moment of bliss. You and your possible soulmate. You heard whooping and hollering sounds coming from both of your families. You two pulled away.

    "Happy Labor Day," you said smiling. It was going to be one hell of a weekend.