Blue-Green

I locked the door behind me, stepping out into the cool mid-September breeze that blew my hair back gently.

The weather change was so sudden, last time I left my house it was hot outside.
Then again, I haven't left my house in three weeks.

I know, I'm a hermit.

Mike and Tony come over to my house most weekends, they come over while Jamie's off of work so we can all hang out. We usually eat together and sometimes watch a movie, it's nice to just chat.

Mike and Tony are my only friends, which is kind of sad because Mike is my brother and Tony was introduced to me by Mike.

I walked down the few steps as a few cars rushed by the road. Once I was on the sidewalk I walked passed the other houses I lived around, I live downtown, so I'm close to all of the coffee shops and libraries, and small clothes shops that my area contained.

In particular, I'm headed to a book store called Mr.B's Books. It's the only book store around that sells a few of my books, so I like to stop by every now and then to buy some books from other authors, just to support the store.
I finished my book, and I need a new one.

I pushed some of my hair further onto my forehead, knowing it wouldn't completely cover the bruise that was still sticking around. In a week, its barley faded at all.

I passed a few people as I continued to walk, avoiding looking at any of them in the face. It's a bad habit.
When I finally got to Mr.B's, I was quite surprised to see that people were there performing slam poetry.

Cool. I've always seen the signs for it, but I've never actually been here on the day.

There were almost two dozen chairs set out for people to watch, and there were about five others standing in the back. The performer that was up now immediately held my attention.

I stood in the back, hearing as everyone but him sat completely silent.
He moved a piece of his black hair out of his face as he spoke clearly, looking into his hands and then back at his audience.

I wish I was here for the beginning.

"Our bodies crushed under the weight of each other, we were the definition of an unhealthy couple. Still, our friends, our family were blind to it" he said, using hand gestures as he continued to look out.

I would be far too nervous to get up there and recite poetry, especially without reading it from paper.

"I gravitated towards you the way moths gravitate towards light. Only you were my light, and I was the moth that so blindly followed you even when you were the one thing that could kill me" he said, stopping for a moment and taking a breath as several people clapped.

I thought they were supposed to snap?
Whatever.

"It wasn't until I felt how refreshing the darkness could be, I realized how unhealthy it was to move towards the thing that would someday kill me" he picked up speed, I found it fascinating how passionate he was.

His words are liquid gold, and I already know I won't be able to get them out of my head.

"You can love someone without killing yourself for them. The love of your life will never hurt you, so don't fret. We hurt each other, and as I loved you, I realized that I needed to lose you. I needed to lose you before I lost me" I could tell how personal it was, and it was so beautiful, the way he spoke. The way he moved back and fourth, the way his hands moved as if he was trying to speak through them.

"I'm so sorry for how things ended, but please believe me, you will find someone that makes you feel like the entire world was crafted for you" he assured the person the poem was written for.