9

It was late in the afternoon and all of us were off to the mall to do some last minute Christmas shopping. I already had a gift for everyone but not for Peter. I had no idea what to get him. I got all of the Avengers goofy Christmas sweaters but I felt like I needed to get something special for Peter.

"Alright, we will shop for two hours then meet back at the car, okay? Everyone got it?" Steve told us all.

We all nodded and agreed. "Alright team, lets go Christmas shopping."

They were all in disguises so no one would bother them. Most of them were wearing hats and sunglasses with their hood on. They didn't look suspicious at all!!! We all headed into the mall and split up.

I looked and looked but I couldn't find anything to give Peter. I saw Bucky running from store to store grabbing random things as he went with Sam behind him grabbing more stuff. I figured they haven't gotten anyone anything yet. I grinned then walked to the next store.

It was a big fancy jewelry store. I was about to walk out knowing I wouldn't find anything in there but then I saw Peter. What was he doing here? I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. He jumped and turned in surprise. I grinned, "What are you doing?"

"I-I'm Christmas shopping. Just got something for Aunt May."

"Aw that's so sweet."

He looked at the ground and smiled slightly, "Yeah, she got me a new laptop so I figured I should get her something nice." The man behind the counter then handed Peter a bag. Peter thanked him then we left the store.

"So what are you doing here?" he asked grinning.

"Well, I came with the Avengers to do some last minute Christmas shopping."

He shook his head and laughed. We walked past a store and stopped in front of it. Inside Nat was arguing with an old lady and fighting over something with her. "Yeah, let's not go in there..." I said trying not to laugh.

"Wow, you don't see that everyday." Peter said laughing.

We walked away holding back our laughter. We walked in silence for a little bit bumping shoulders every once in a while. We walked past a store and I could see Peter eyeing something in it. I grinned, I knew what to get him now.

"Sooo, you excited for the gala tomorrow?" I asked.

"O-oh, yeah...yeah, should be fun."

I nodded, "Hey what were you going to ask me yesterday when we were ice skating?"

Peter's face started to turn red. "Oh yeah that. Well I was kinda wondering if you would, um well if y-you would uh....wantobemydatekindathingtothegala...?" he stuttered.

"I... ah... what? Really? You wanna take me?"

"You don't have to I was just...wondering."

"What? No, Peter I would love to be your date! I just can't believe you're asking me!"

He grinned, "Really? You'll be my date?"

I nodded, "Yeah, of course I will!"

He smiled. I wanted to scream and run and jump and tell everyone that Peter just asked me out but I just smiled back at him trying to keep my cool. I felt my phone buzz so I pulled it out and saw I only had ten minutes until we would be leaving.

"Damn it," I groaned.

"What?" Peter asked.

"I need to go, we are gonna be leaving soon."

Peter nodded. I smiled at him then hugged him.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him. I pulled away and smiled shyly at him.

"See ya tomorrow." he smiled back.

Then I got on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek. He froze in shock. I giggled then turned and walked off. Before I went to meet everyone at the car I ran into a store and bought what Peter was looking at.

When I got to the car I found my dad, Wanda and Steve. "What are you so happy about?" Steve asked me.

"What? Oh I just ran into a friend." I told him trying to hold my smile back.

My dad looked at me, "Who?"

"Uh, Peter."

Wanda grinned, "Oh, Peter, that's why you're so happy."

I glared at her. Steve grinned and wiggles his eyebrows at me. Soon everyone was back to the car and we were driving back to the compound. Everyone was walking to their rooms to put everything they got away.

"Hey, dad I need to tell you something." And of course with saying that everyone stopped to listen to what I had to say.

"Okay kiddo, what is it?"

"Well uh, when I ran into Peter today he sort of asked me to um you know, be his date to the gala."

I stood still waiting for his reaction. I was expecting him to start yelling and tell me I couldn't go with Peter.

"Well did you say yes?" he asked.

I nodded. I looked up at him to see him grinning.

"That's great!" he said.

"Ohh, y/n and Peter sittin in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I heard Sam say.

I turned around and punched him in the shoulder.

"Oww!" he groaned.

I looked to see everyone grinning at me. "Aww, you two will be so cute together!" Clint teased.

"Two little nerds together, so cute!" Nat added.

I rolled my eyes and tried not to grin.

"Aw, so cute!" Bruce said grinning.

"The two children will be perfect for each other!" Thor boomed.

"Alright that's enough teasing you guys." Steve said.

I turned back to my dad, "So you're okay with this?"

He grinned, "Why wouldn't I be!"

I stared at him, "Uh okay, well I'll be in my room." I walked away.

I could hear everyone giggling and making stupid jokes as I walked away. I got to my room shut my door and shoved my face in a pillow. I grinned not being able to help it. Tomorrow would be a great day.