Chapter 1: Neighbors

Chester's POV

My name is Chester Jennings. I have a one month old daughter named Liyah Jennings. I'm 22 years old. My birthday is June 3rd. I've seen my fair share of a jail cell in my short 22 years of living. I vowed the day my daughter was born that I would not go behind bars again, unless it's for protecting my family. I'm a kingpin. My right hand man J is in charge while I'm gone. I'm taking 6 months off so that I can be here as much as I can for my baby girl. I'll only come back to the streets before then if it's a must. Then I'll be back to my mini me. That's daddy's baby. Liyah's mom isn't in the picture. I don't know where she is, and I could honestly careless at this point. As long as she stays out of my daughter and my life I'm good.

It's 7:00 in the morning. I'm up this early because baby girl has to get her shots.

"Watch her I'm going to warm up the car." I tell my little brother Julius. This December weather is no joke. Kansas snows like crazy. I've been out here in the car a few minutes and decide to go ahead and park on the street. I'm backing up not really paying attention. I'm about to look into the review mirror and them. Boom. I bump into something. I look up and see I hit the back of someone's car. What the hell man. I wait a few minutes and then get out.

"I'm sorry I'll pay for the damage." I say getting out of the car and walking to their driver's side. I see a cute dark skinned woman.

"Are you ok?" I ask. Looking in the back and seeing a little boy sitting in his booster seat. "Is little man good?" I ask. The last thing I need on my conscious is to know that I caused someone's child harm.

"Yes, I'm fine and he's fine." She says getting out of the car and walking to the back of her car. There are a few scratches and dents. I know that I didn't do all that damage but there's no telling which one(s) I did cause.

"I'll pay for everything. Take. Lil man to the doctor's office and I'll pay for the visit I want to make sure he's fine." I tell her

"It's fine and he's fine. He had gotten in the car afterwards. I've got to get going I have to take him to day care and head to work." she says

"I've got to get my daughter to her appointment. It's nice to meet you." I say.

"Fantasia, but I go by Tasia. It's nice to meet you too Lyfe." She says.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman, but do I know you?" I ask.

"No, but I know of you." she says closing her door.

I go inside get my daughter. Then head to her doctor's appointment.

Fantasia's POV

My name is Fantasia. I have a four year old son named Elijah. I'm 20 years young. My birthday is June 30. I'm going to school to be a RN. I work two jobs I dl everything that I can for my son. When I first found out that I was pregnant I got into classes to become a CNA. A while after doing that I went and got my CMA. I recently became a

phlebotomist. This means that I can take blood. I work at a clinic as a phlebotomist. I get paid $13.50 an hour. I often pick up shits at the clinic. Like today I'll just be taking the patients to the doctor, and doing other little things around the office. After I first had my son there was a time that I wasn't working so I filed for food stamps. When I did that they made me put Elijah's dad on child support. When I did that and they got in touch with him he signed away his rights to my son. So it's all on me and I'll do anything to keep my son happy, after Chester hit my car. I took Elijah to day car and headed to work.

I grab the chart and walk out to the waiting area.

"Liyah Jennings." I call out.

I see Chester get up with a baby in his arms.