Chapter 4: Must be nice

Chester's POV

I'm sitting back in the front room just thinking about life. I'm ready to be happy. I'm ready to find love. I'm ready to find the woman that's worth coming home to everyday, and having a family with. I thought that My daughters mom was the one, but she proved me wrong time after time again. Fantasia went up stairs not to long ago to give Elijah bath before we start our movie night.

I grab my Guitar and just start playing, and singing.

"Must be nice

Having someone who understands the life you live

Must be nice

Having someone whose slow to take and quick to give

Must be nice

Having someone who sticks around when the rough times get thick

Someone whose smile is bright enough to make the projects feel like a mansion

Must be nice

Having someone who loves you despite your faults

Must be nice

Having someone who talks the talk but also walks the walk

Must be nice

Having someone who understands that a thug has feelings too

Someone who loves you for sho'

You just remember to never let 'em go."

I stop playing for a second cause I thought that I heard a noise, but I must be tripping cause I ain't heard nothing else.

'Cause even when your hustling days are gone

She'll be by your side still holding on

Even when those twenties stop spinning

And all those gold-digging women disappear

She'll still be here

"Hmm , you know you got talent right. Not only vocally but I see you can play the guitar too." I hear Fantasia say.

"Thanks Ma."

"You know you should do something with that talent right?"

"Nah let's let this be our little secret ma." I tell her getting up and putting my guitar back down.

"Why? How you going to tell me that I need to do something with my singing but you're not doing anything yourself with the talent that you have?"

"I don't wanna talk about it right Now Fantasia please let it go."

"Ok I'll let it go." She says

"For now." I hear her whisper making me smile a little. I take my phone out cause it's ringing and see that it's T my right hand man. So I answer

Me: "Hello."

Him: "Wassup you busy? We need talk about something real quick?"

Me: "Nah its coo slide through real fast but hurry up. I promised the neighbor and her son a movie night."

"I'm going to head upstairs since you got company about to come over. We'll be back down in a little to start on this movie night." Fantasia says putting that last bowl of snacks down on the table in the front room.

A few minutes after she goes upstairs there was a knock on the door so I get up off the couch to open the door and let T in. Honestly Fantasia didn't have to go upstairs I would have been fine with her sitting down here. But I respect that she wanted to give me my privacy and handle my business.