Chapter 7: Christmas Spirit

Monday December 16

Fantasia's POV

After everything that happened with Elijah I decided to take the weekend off. I already had today off and since today is the day of Elijah's field trip it's just going to be Liyah and I today. I decided that I'll clean the house up then we'll just chill and watch movies. Chester left me the keys to one of his cars but I don't think we're going to go out today it's too cold. And I don't want her getting sick. I told the daycare Chester that him will be taking Elijah home with him after the field trip.

Chester's POV

"Thank you for breakfast." Elijah tells me. We woke up a little late and I didn't want to wake up Fantasia to cook since she was still sleeping when we left the house. So I grab us some Mc. Donald's breakfast.

"You're welcome lil man no problem." I tell him and head to his daycare.

"Who are you sir? He has no father listed so I know your not his dad so can I have your number?" The lady at the desk ask me.

"Who I am to him is not any of your business. His mom added me to his list to be able to drop him off and pick him up and that's all that matters. And no you may not but I'll definitely be reporting you." I tell her.

I follow Elijah as he leads the way to his classroom. I spot Fantasy and T so I grab Elijah's hand and go stand by the two of them. I made Elijah sit down and finish his breakfast.

"What y'all got planned after this?" I ask

"Nothing really why whats up?"

"Lil man wanna a tree this year his moms said no but I'm go ahead let him pick one out while we at the lil tree thing. Go get decorations. And presents. So I'm need you keep an eye on him for a few hours that I gotta get his presents."

"That's no problem I got you. We'll just tag along. Can head to the mall and I'll have him come with me and Fantasy I'll tell him you gotta do grown people stuff." T says.

I check my phone and see I have a message from Tasia.

Future 🥰🤪: Hope y'all a good day and have lots of fun. I wish I could have came. You already taking over my baby.

Me: We will and I know you not talking got Liyah spoiled already 🤨. My lil princess be doing me dirty. 😒😢

Future 🥰🤪: Bye Chester. Kiss my baby for me.

Me: He said he grown. Don't embarrass him in front of the ladies 😂🤭. Kiss my princes tell her daddy loves her.

Me: And remind me to tell you bout the nosey ass broad at the desk this morning when I get home.

Future 🥰🤪: Stop lying he didn't say that.

Future 🥰🤪: What happened? Me and Liyah bout be otw.

I closed my phone out because they came in and said it was time to get ready for the field trip. We got in line and headed for the bus. They had hot chocolate and other lil snacks for us while we were walking around looking at the tree I called one of my boys to bring a van so that Elijah could pick out our Christmas tree.

"Elijah. Pick out a tree for us to take home and decorate."

"Mommy said not this year."

"It's okay it's a surprise for mommy from me and you." I assure him.

We stayed for about a hour or two then was time to head out because it was colder then they expected it to be. Elijah picked out one of the biggest trees he could find. We got back to the daycare. I checked Elijah out and now we are on our way to the mall.