Chapter 3: Baby Mama

Fantasia POV

I'm so fed up with Jermaine. The fact that in his head I'm just his baby mama is stupid, I'm the one that takes care of our son. I'm the one that spends nights barley sleeping when our son is sick. I'm far from a baby mama. I'm the mother of his child there's a difference.

I woke up this morning and decided that I would cook breakfast as a thank you to Chester for letting us stay the night at his place when he didn't have to. I got of bed and headed downstairs to see what he had in the kitchen that I could cook. I'm in the kitchen trying to decide what to make. It's Sunday so I guess I'll start with what my mom used to make my brother and I on Sunday mornings growing up. Grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast and panckaes Elijah since he doesn't like french toast.Igotthe bacon, sausage, french toast and pancakes done. It's all in the oven on warm. I'm about towake the boys up so I can start on the eggs and grits. I'm goingup the stairs and see Chester wlaking down the hallway.

"Good morning beautiful." He says making me smile.

"Good morning, I'm about to wake Elijah up. I've got breakfast started for all of us."

"Ok, I'll be down there in a lil ma, I'll get lil man up,"

"Thanks."I say turning around and heading back down stairs.

I go back in the kitchen, and get started on the eggs and grits. SoonI find myself singing a song I was working on last night.

" It's about time we had our own song

Don't know what took so long

'cause now-a-days it like a badge of honer

To be a baby mama

I see ya payin' ya bills

I see ya workin' ya job

I see ya goin' to school

And girl I know it's hard

And even though ya fed up

With makin' beds up

Girl, keep ya head up" I sing.

"Girl you got vocals." I hear Lyfe say.

"Thanks not to many peopole know that though so let's keep it between us." I say

"Nah, cause you got talent you gotta do something with it and I've got a plan." He says with a smile.

"Well breakfast is ready where's Elijah?"

"In there playing the game with my brother. I'll get them."

By the time Chester came back with Elijah and Julius I had everybody's plates made.

"Thanks ma, this all looks good." Chester says

"Thanks, its been a while since I had a home cook breakfast." Julius says

"Go to grandma's house very now and then Sunday mornings and you would acting like you're too good to go to church with my granny." Chester says laughing.

"Boy grandma be in the church all day and night running her mouth and you know it." Julius says

"You're welcome ya'll no biggie." I say.

"Mom can you pass me the salt please?" Elijah asks me.

"You need to taste your food before putting more salt on it Elijah, but here." I say knowing why he wants it. I look at Elijah with a nasty look on my face watching him put salt on his grits.

"Oh no, lil man you can't be doing that if you're going to be my roll dog. Salt does not go on grits. Where you get that from?" Julius asks him

"Mommy says I got it from my uncle. Elijah says with a smile. My brother Antonio always ate his grits with salt on them.

"You got a brother?" Lyfe asks

"Yeah." I say getting a little sad.

"What you getting sad for love?"

"He ran away when I was 12, and I haven't seen him since then." I say

"Damn ma you ever tried looking for him?" Lyfe asks

"Yeah, but no luck."

My brother Antonio ranway when I was 12 and he was 14. My moms boyfriend at the time used to beat on Antonio for no reason at all. If Antonio left the toilet seat up he would yell at him and smack him around. I remember on time Antonio brought home 100% on a science test and John threw him against the wall and started punching and kicking him until he was spitting up blood.

The next day Antonio had ranway. I'm glad my brother no longer had to suffer. But not to long after Antonio ranway John started molesting me. I tried to tell my mom, but she ain't believe me. On my 13 birthday 6months after Antoinio ran away I came back from my aunts house to see my mom crying. She was crying because John had been killed in his home earlier that morning. I didn't care. It really pissed me off thatshe was cryin. That "man"beat her son and was molesting her daughter and she wants to cry because he was dead. Come to find out John had a WHOLE family!!! They say that his wife Killed him because she walked in on him raping their 10 year old daughter. A part of me belives that there's more to the story, I went to the trial when it finally started when I was 16. I seen how badly he was beaten and I seen the clothes that they say she had on when she killed him. There was barley any blood on her clothes.But either way a few weeks before trial started I had went into her lawyers office and told her what John had done to me. I don't care if his wife or someone else killed him. John was a trifling human being, and I could care less about him dying he got what he deserved. Someone found videos that John recorded of him assulting both girls and boys. One of the clips they played was a clip that was from my house. It wasn't me in the video it was Antonio! John had him tied up to a pole and was sucking Antonios dick, and trying to make Antonio suck his dick, But Antonio kicked him. After Antonio kicked John, John started to beat Antonio. I'll never forget the outfit that he ahd on, that was the same outfit he was wearing the day John beat him for getting 100% on that test. Karen, John's wife was found not guilty. Her lawyer said that she was defending their daughter Kayla and many of Johns other victims lives. Defense of another party. When the verdict came back not guilty all I could do was smile. The same day trial ended was the same day that I had Elijah.

"Mom are you ok?"

"Yeah, you good T?" Chester asks

"Sorry, I zoned out but please don't call me that. That's what my brother used to call me. I used to call him Tony and he would call me T."

"Yea. No problem ma."

"Are we still going to have movie night tonight?" Elijah asks

"Yes baby boy we are!" I tell him with a smile.

I ran to the store to buy some more movies, and to get snacks for us to eat. I'm pushing the cart not really paying attention and bump into somebody.

"Sorry." I say.

"No biggie." The guy says.

I hurry up and finish getting what I need. I swear I know that guy from somewhere. I just can't figure it out right now,

"Sorry it took so long." I say coming into Chester's house.

Julius and Chester get up and get the stuff out of the car.

"Still no Liyah?" I ask.

"No, my mom talking about some I can't come and get her until tomorrow." Chester says laughing.

"Here's your change." I say trying to give him the money.

"Keep it ma."

"Thanks, but no thanks." I say and put his change on the table.

"Elijah." He says.

"Yes sir?" Elijah asks.

"What's 10+2+4+6 equal?" He asks

"22." Elijah says.

"Good job here you go. Make sure you put this in your piggy bank." Chester says handing him the change off the table.

"Thank you."