g

Jin awoke to the sound of the window creaking loudly and the hurried whispers of two men. His first instinct was to grasp the baseball bat propped up next to his bed and swing wildly. In the process of swinging it into the empty air, a lamp was switched on, highlighting three extremely confused faces.

"Ah... it's just you." Jin put the bat down. "You two are really lucky I'm an amazing liar. Said you were in the bathroom and Jungkook was still in the infirmary taking medicine."

Yoongi relaxed. "Thank you so much. You're a lifesaver."

"Okay, yeah, yeah, shut up and go to sleep now."

Jungkook reached out and gave Yoongi's hand a tight squeeze before slipping past the two, leaving the room. Once outside, he raised his hands to his cheeks and found them burning and his knees wobbly. He grinned from a high and ran to his room before a teacher came for the last check.

Hoseok was awake, the lights all on and his smile was non-existent.

"And where were you? As far as I know, and that's actually quite a lot, you were supposed to be checked out around-" he checked his imaginary watch "-two hours ago. Now, the Jungkook I know is exactly the type of person to sneak out-"

"Hyung, wait, can you just speak without stressing every other word?"

Hoseok feigned offense, a hand on his chest. "I was simply trying to look out for you."

Jungkook showed off his unscathed arms. "See, all fine."

"But where were you?" Hoseok asked, returning to normal (whatever that was).

Jungkook turned off the lights and began to crawl into his bed. "I was at the convenience store down the road."

"With Yoongi-hyung?"

"N-no. Why would you say that?"

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "You were both missing plus you two have been giving each other weird eyes ever since you me-"

"I wasn't giving him weird eyes!" Jungkook protested.

Hoseok laughed. "In all seriousness, we'll be okay if you two get together. We've already got a couple in here. I'll give you nothing if you guess it because it's so obvious."

"Jimin and Taehyung?"

"Exactly."

Jungkook turned over in the bed, biting his lip a little. His stomach was doing all sorts of flips and his mind was a jumbled mess of memories involving soft lips that tasted like candy and heavy-hearted conversations. His hands found a small teddy bear amidst the blankets and he held it tight to his chest, a bunny smile forming on his face.

Was I really giving him weird eyes?

-

Jin folded his arms and looked down at Yoongi like a parent scolding a child.

"He's the guy?"

Yoongi nodded.

"How long did you know?"

"Since around two months ago."

Jin sighed a little. "Does Yoonjin know?"

Yoongi shook his head a little. "Jungkook would get overwhelmed by his smothering."

"And how long have you two... y'know, been an item?" Yoongi shook his head, laughing, partially expecting the question. "I mean, like, your lips are visibly swollen and you were blushing a shit ton when you came up. I can only conclude that something went down, y'know what I'm s-"

"Stop there, hyung. Firstly, I could've been running really fast and biting my lips out of fear of getting caught. Second, we just kissed, nothing more and lastly, we're not an item."

"Yet," Jin replied, grinning.

Late into the night, Yoongi found himself calling his brother and whispering excitedly through the receiver all about Jungkook as if he was a girl gushing about her crush to her best friend. Yoonjin was just as excited, saying that he could invite him over to meet him and thank him personally. Upon bringing up the more dreaded detail of this entire story, Yoonjin went a little quiet.

"You kissed him?"

Yoongi reached a hand to his lips, briefly remembering it. "Yeah. I did."

"Damn, dude. You're one high-class flirt."

"Shut up, hyung."

Yoongi fell asleep on the thought of a nightmare that went missing the day he met Jungkook, the smell of burning fuel, blood and coconut oil, the weird feeling he got in his stomach when he kissed Jungkook and the feeling of a settled happiness caused by the success of a mission he thought he'd never finish.

-

Jungkook preferred rainy days over sunny ones so when the beginning of rolled around, he was ecstatic. Rain would patter against the windows like a customised song that only he could hear, soft and cold and the wind the flew by.

He sat in bed one evening, an odd textbook in his hands, recovering from a migraine when Yoongi peaked in with a full blown gummy smile and his hair completely wet.

"I brought you something."

Jungkook smiled. "You went out into the rain to get me something? You'll get sick."

"But I already did and now we have to get rid of the evidence," he said, entering the room with a large plastic bag. He set it on the night stand and drew from it two styrofoam boxes. Jungkook slipped into the bathroom and threw a towel at Yoongi.

"Thanks."

Jungkook went a little red when Yoongi lifted the lid of one of the boxes.

"How did you know that I love lamb skewers?"

Yoongi shrugged. "Lucky guess."

In reality, he had asked Yugyeom who claimed that when they had gone out once, he had eaten nine sets and if night hadn't fallen, he would've eaten more.

But Jungkook didn't need to know that.

"Um, hyung?" Jungkook asked after they had finished eating. "There is this one thing I want to do that's kind of embarrassing... could we go outside for a second? I want to feel the rain."

So the two set out with raincoats and an umbrella to share, walking shoulder to shoulder out into the courtyard. Yoongi grabbed Jungkook's arm for support when he nearly slipped on a step and decided that it would suck big time if he let go.

"So, the actual thing I wanted to do."

Jungkook pressed his lips against Yoongi's, forgetting the umbrella that he had to hold as he cupped his cheek, bringing him closer.

And so it was that both of them ended up with a cold the next morning, feverish but contented.