Twelve Years

Half an hour later, Dad was still calming my grandfather down before he passed out.
"MALCOLM, WHAT DID YOU DO?"
"Dad, you know what I did."
"BUT, BUT, BUT MALCOLM--"
"Dad, it's fine."
"YOU COME HOME AFTER TWELVE YEARS WITH A CHILD?!"
"Well, you see Dad, I was a little busy."
Hal (yeah, finally found out what P.G.'s name was) groaned and looked at me.
"Malcolm."
"Dad."
"Is she a good kid?"
Dad looked at me and smiled.
"She's the best kid I could've ever asked for."
That happy moment didn't last long, let me tell you.
"Hal, whose car is in the driveway-- Malcolm?" I heard from behind me.
Dad and I turned around as Hal groaned again.
"Hey, Mom," Dad said, smiling.
Lois (don't ask me how I know her name I have no idea) laughed and ran over to give him a hug.
"Oh, honey, we missed you so much! It's only been, oh gee, TWELVE YEARS," She said, hugging him tightly.
She opened her eyes while still hugging Dad and stopped when she saw me sitting in front of her.
"Malcolm?"
Dad gently pulled away from her and walked over to me.
"Mom, this is my daughter, Shauna Wilkerson. She's twelve years old. I've been a little busy over the past decade, so that's why I haven't been home," Dad said, kissing my forehead.
I honestly wasn't sure if that was to reassure me or him, because Lois wasn't looking friendly at that moment.
Then I looked at her eyes that looked like they were on fire.
"Uh oh," I muttered.
Then Lois Wilkerson exploded.