liquid luck - DRAMIONE

DRACO x HERMIONE (DRAMIONE)

In which during a potions class Draco gets embarrassed by his group of friends for staring at Hermione for a bit too long than he needed to

--

        "What you see before you ladies and gentlemen," Professor Slughorn announced, starting the lesson he's been dying to teach, even though he has most definitely taught it multiple times in the past years, "It's a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis, which it is more commonly referred to as..."

        "Liquid Luck." A voice piped up, heads turning to see who the owner of that voice was, not surprised to see it was indeed Hermione Granger that called out the answer before the teacher even began to complete the sentence.

        A smile formed on the pudgy Professor's round face, "Yes, Ms. Granger. Liquid Luck." He rose an eyebrow, raising the tiny bottle up for the students to see, continuing to explain, "Desperately tricky to make, disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip would you will find that all of your endeavors succeed..."

        This was all it took for Draco's head to turn to the Professor, absolutely intrigued with the idea of this certain potion. That was until he finished what he was rambling on about. "At least until the effects wear off," He gave a timid smile to the glass, the empty bottle still in hand, "so this is what I offer each of you today, a tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the student who in the hour that remains manages to brew an acceptable draught of living death. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence!"

        The students scattered around the room to get the recipes for the potion, stated in their textbook. Draco decided to take his time, knowing that his potion would turn out a flop like the many times he's managed to brew a potion like this; In this case, Hermione however, was already stressing out.

        While the class was brewing the Felix Felicis, Draco couldn't help but let his gray eyes shift over to what Hermione was preparing. She was trying her best to cut the stubborn Sopophorus bean that kept jumping away from her. A slight chuckle escaped his lips and before he knew it, his best friend Blaise Zabini started shouting, "Oi, Draco! Are you staring at Granger over there?"

        The platinum-haired boy's smile dropped and was replaced with a frown after hearing his friend shouting those words, he shared a death glare at the boy that was only mere inches from him. "Shut up." His tone dripping with venom.

        The chestnut headed girl looked up from her cauldron to see Draco already looking at her for any sort of reaction, stormy eyes met sensitive brown eyes and she looked away.

        It didn't help that they were only several feet away from one another. She noticed a slight tint in his cheeks, "Are you blushing?" She asked, her face painted with a playful smile.

        "No you are, shut up." He replied his face turning an even scarlet shade than it was before. Once the girl had turned away with an expression that could only be described as jolly, the platinum-haired boy couldn't help the smile that had gently tugged on the ends of his pale lips.

--

word count: 512