mwah! (1) - HARRY

HARRY POTTER x READER

In which Harry has an angsty relationship with Y/N, but somehow she always ends up blowing his mind

inspired by the song "mwah" by dua lipa

--

        The Gryffindor and Slytherin hated each other. They envied one another, they resented each other. Their relationship was similar to what Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin had when they turned on each other, at first being mellow then turning into something that would possibly affect the people around them in a horrible way.

        Harry and Y/N quarreled the moment they would catch sight of one another in the corridors of Hogwarts. So hard that their friends would hold them back, to not disturb the students around them that were scurrying to class.

        It would be a quiet morning or afternoon at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, students scampering around the magical castle. Harry would be walking to the direction of his class, his friends by his side, him laughing along to the joke that Ron would make, added by a slap in the head by Hermione.

        Y/N would also be walking to the direction of her class, her Slytherin friends beside her, their black and green ties tucked in, yet out for anyone to see with pride. They would be going opposite directions, yet to their misfortune, end up catching sight with the other.

        Harry would be the first to see the girl's familiar Y/H/C hair, which would always be up in a ponytail. "Oh wow, you actually have friends Y/L/N?" Harry would yell quite obnoxiously that his friends aren't even sure it's their shy, and awkward friend.

        "Sod off, Potter!" The girl would yell, the same tone that the boy would use. She wouldn't feel hurt, already being used to his taunting.

        They bickered so much that their friends thought that what they got was somewhat hot and something that money can't buy. Or at least that's what Harry's friend, Ron, would say as he voiced out his thoughts by whispering it to Hermione only to be smacked with a book upside his red hair by her.

        To their disappointment, the Gryffindor's and Slytherin's would share classes. Such as potions, and that's when she would blow his mind and she knew it.

        It was the afternoon, it was the students' last class before lunch started. Everyone was pumped and excited to go downstairs to the Grand Hall and eat, including Y/N. Yet, she felt a bit sassy that day and decided to take it out on Professor Snape.

        "What happens during the process of the Draught of Living Death potion as it is being made?" Snape asked, his voice droning on in the same monotone that the people in all of Hogwarts could recognize in a split second. "Would anyone care to answer the question?" Of course, out of all the students in the lifeless potions room, Hermione Granger would be the only person to have the energy to raise her hand up high. Snape didn't even bother to look her way, "Anyone...?" Hermione still had her hand up, itching to answer the question.

        Harry rested his chin on the palm of his hand, looking at his friend beside him with disbelief of how one person can have the stamina to keep up with the tiresome class. That was until he heard Snape's voice, saying the name that he hated, other than Voldemort. "Yes, Ms. Y/L/N?"

        The Potter boy turned his head to the girl that he had despised with all his being after hearing her name, needing to see how she'll get out of this one as if it was a necessity. She cleared her throat, an amused look taking over her face, "Well, Professor Greaseball..." Snape didn't even flinch at the offensive nickname that the students had given him, a bored look took over his face while the other students in the classroom stifled a laugh at their classmate's comment.

        Harry couldn't help the faint smile that tugged on his pink-stained lips, Hermione beside him still raising her hand back and forth like a maniac. Y/N continued, "This potion is described as changing in color during the process of being made, being that it has a texture and consistency similar to that of clear water. A process of examining the control of the potion is to drop a new or fresh leaf in it. Even then, the leaf is reduced to ashes." She smiled a tight smile at the Professor.

        Snape turned sharply, mumbling a "five points to Slytherin" under his breath, but smirked nonetheless. Though the class didn't look shocked, per se, at their witty classmate. However, Harry's eyes widened, his eyes searching for the girl that he had once loathed. Their eyes met, Y/N shot a kiss at the boy along with a "mwah." Which took him by surprise, making him almost fall out of his seat.

        Hermione luckily caught him though, scoffing, "No wonder why you hate her."

        He cleared his throat, readjusting himself. "Yeah...totally."

        Harry would not get the girl out of his mind that whole day. Which made him think if you don't like the way she talks, then why is she on your mind?

--

part 2 is next! -->

word count: 831