Saving Grace

The sound of the beeping machines is the only thing that can be heard in the hospital room, Jared just sat there staring at his imprint silently pleading with her to wake up. It has been two days since Callie was rushed into hospital and he hasn't left there side. Bella and Charlie heard what had happened and even came to see her, Charlie devastated for the way he had treated her and to think he could lose the chance to make things right with her. The door to the room opens and Paul walks in, he goes to Callie and kisses her head before taking a seat.

"Jared you need to eat. You are not helping her by making yourself ill."

"I will eat when she wakes up."
"Dad said she will any day now she is just adjusting just like Ja....."

Jared growls at the sound of his name, when Jenson told them why Callie had been in pain it took Sam, Paul and Embrey to stop him killing Bella, the Cullen's and Jake.

"Don't ever mention that morons name to me again. Because he is infatuated with that leech lover we had to fight and then he gets hurt causing Callie to be in pain. Because of him i nearly lost my family."

Jared suddenly breaks down his heart breaking even more, he cant live without her there is no way. She is everything to him and if she doesn't make it he will gladly die to be with her for all eternity.

"Baby"

Jared snaps his head up at the sound of her voice and when he sees those gorgeous purple eyes looking back at him he stands up and kisses her like it was the first time. Paul goes to get his dad thankful that his sister has finally woken up, the past two days have been hell on him too. Callie never realized just how much she means to the boys and the people on the reservation. She is literally the light of there life, there was never a dull moment with Callie around.

"Babe I am so glad your awake, You scared me baby please don't ever leave me."
"Jared the twins...."

Jared looks down at her the tears slipping from his eyes Callie reaching up and wiping them away. Paul and his dad enter a minute later, Jenson asking for a moment to check her over. The whole time he does Callie sits there staring ahead to scared to look down just in case her worst fears are confirmed. Once Jenson is happy with her vitals he calls the boys back in Jared going straight to his girls side.

"Jared are the babies okay?"
Jared takes her hand and places it on her stomach. Callie holds her breath waiting for the flatness to be there but when she feels the bump she immediately looks down. When she sees her growing bump she cries tears of joy. If anything had happened to the twins she wouldn't have forgiven herself. Jared cuddles her in and holds her whilst she cries consoling her the only way he knows how.

"Baby there both fine. The pain in your stomach was from Jacob being hurt not the babies. Carlisle said you must of put a shield around them without knowing."
"So all this is because of Bella and that Army?"
Jared nods and lowers his head his own shame and guilt eating away at him. He should of been there for her not fighting for that leech lover. Paul takes his sisters hand and she looks at him with tears in her eyes.

"I promise you neither one of them will come near you again. I am sorry I wasn't there for you."
"It's fine none of us were to know that this was going to happen. Where is Jake?"
Jared and Paul look at each other then to Callie.

"Babe he is at his house. We have told him to stay away,"

"Why?. None of this is his fault it is all Bella's and those god damn vampires. Get Jake her and now!!"

"But babe"

"I SAID NOW JARED."

Jared stands up his body trembling he can't believe she is forgiving him. Jake has proven time and time again Bella means more to him than anyone.