Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I was sitting in the mess hall re-reading the 57th expedition. Erwin told me to do so. I was reading on my iPad mini and and I just got to the part where squad Levi dies. I've read this part before and it still gets to me.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Levi asked.

I sat up shocked and quickly wipped my tears away. Oh my gosh Levi! I totally forgot he was even in the room!

"N-Nothing, it's nothing..." I come up and say.

"Were you reading about what's gonna happen next?" he asked.

I looked down at my now shut iPad mini and tighten my grip on it a little more. Still looking at it, I managed to finally choke up a "Yea."

"What happens?" he asked.

My eyes widen. What should I tell him? I can't just tell him that his squad dies! Oh my gosh what am I gonna do?!??!

I realized that I have been thinking about what to say to him for awhile, because he interrupts my thoughts by saying, "That bad, huh?"

"It's terrible," I whispered, looking away.

"*sigh, well you should probably put that thing away. The rest of the squad should be here any minute now. You can finish catching up on that later," Levi told me while looking back down to his book that he was reading.

"What are you reading?" I asked him without thinking at all. Yep, after this, I deffinatley need to go to a mental hospital.

He closed his book and looked back up to me, "None of your business, brat."

Yup, typical answer from Levi, I should of known he would say something like that.

Okay, I can't hold it back any more. I need to tell him. This may make things awkward but I can't just sit here knowing that they are going to die.

"Hey, Levi..." dammit, I didn't think I would actually start talking.

"What is it now?" he asked coldly

Oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap! How was I gonna tell him!??!!!!?!!

"Hey, brat. What do you want?!"

"Okay... Ummm... uhh..."

"Oy, brat, what is it?" Levi said impatiently.

"Umm, okay.... can I ask you a question?" I asked hesitantly.

"Depends what the question is."

"Okay, umm... how am I going to say this?" I whispered to myself, but pretty sure that he could hear me.

"Well, what did you want to ask me?" Levi was growing impatient.

"Ugh! Fine! Okay, let's just say that the one you loves life is going to end soon." I stated, "or aleast I think you love..." I whispered to the side. I don't know if he heard that last part, but Levi said nothing.

"Who do you think I love?" he asked looking back at me with those cold grey eyes.

Shit! I didn't think this through! I didn't think he was gonna ask me. It would be really embarrassing if he didn't love her. Shit!!!!

"Ummm, I'm actually not quite sure, well I have an idea who but I'm not so sure anymore," I lied. I know it Petra, I just know!

"Then who do you have in mind?" Wow, he is not letting this one go. Well, who would?

Come on guys! Where is his squad?! I thought Levi said they would be here any minute.

I looked down and away from him. Not wanting to see his face when I tell him. Or... maybe I don't have to tell him. I could just stall like I was doing before.

"Hey, I am your Captain. And you are in my squad. Therefore, when I order you to do something, you do it. Now I order you to tell me or I'll slit your throat." He threated me.

Still looking down and away from Levi, I managed to choke out her name.

"Petra..." I said every so quietly that I couldn't really hear it.

"What was that, brat? Speak up, dammit."

I put on a brave/glare face and looked at him, "Petra," I said again, but in a voice loud enough for just him to hear. "And it's not just her that's gonna die from your squad either." I spoke again. WHAT THE HELL?!?!!! WHY DID I JUAT SAY THAT??!!!!?!!?!???!

"Ohh..."

And after that, everyone from the special ops squad including Eren entered the room.

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile!

I have been really busy lately. :(

~Mack