Chapter 2: Dark Thinking

On the way home, I couldn't stop thinking about that short nightmare. Whose blood does that belong. Would it belong to Claire.

I stopped in a moment. "Or was it all about the rumor Tom told me."

I'm just standing there in the sidewalk, with the sound of the wind blowing and nobody else. And with the frightened look in my face again

"I should not think about it, rumors are just rumors." I keep remembering myself and starting to walk again.

Me and Claire have been seeing each other since childhood but we don't mind each other and don't play with each other. We just always see each other. Yeah why would I care about it we're not even friends.

My house was only yards away and suddenly a school bus passed by. I saw Tom reading his comic but it got me thinking, why would I prefer to walk than to ride the school bus. But it let me remember something when I was first year in middle school, something unusual........

                       Flashback
"Jean, the school bus is already here."Mom said. I was already coming downstairs with the same look everyday, a bored face. I stepped in the bus and go straight to the backseats and to the very right side where the glass is and where no one was seating. Back then, I have not yet meet my friend Tom and was always like that. I put down my bag and wait until we got to school but when I let my hand fall to the gap beside my seat, I touched something. When I pull it out, I find myself holding a flute with dried blood.

                      Back in present

I slapped myself awake. "Did I really saw that." continuing to walk. "But I don't remember a single thing about me screaming in the bus."

I stopped walking again. My face was mixed with fright and.......enjoyment. I remember that I didn't scream, I smiled instead because I really loved mysteries. That's my attitude, even though its really happening in reality, I still enjoy it. Even if it cost my life.

"So it is confirmed, Tom said was true, there must have been series of suicide of flutist." I said, realizing I've skipped my house.

"And I need to know more about it tomorrow."