That Faithful Day

"(S/n), I want to go get ice cream!" I whined as my sister and I were walking down the streets. We had just finished grabbing some groceries that our mom sent us to go get.

"Okay, okay. Lets go to the usual spot" she said as we headed to the ice cream parlor. We got our ice cream and left the place. As we were walking, we passed a young boy and his mother. I'm guessing they just got ice cream too because unfortunately I saw an ice cream cone on the ground.

"We can always get you another next time Gohan. We need to go home" I heard the mother say to her young son.

"But I was really looking forward to that ice cream" the boy said as his eyes slowly started to swell with tears. Something in me made me let go of my sister's hand and walk over to the boy.

"Here you go" I said as I offered my ice cream to him. The boy looked at me with tears in his eyes. He looked confused at my jester. "It's okay you can have it, I didn't really want mine in the first place" I said as I grabbed his hand and put the ice cream cone in his hand.

"Gohan what do you say" his mother said.

"T...thank you" the boy named Gohan said. I gave him a smile.

"No problem, have a good day you two" I said politely and walked over from them back to (S/n). I grabbed her hand and waved at Gohan one more time before we left.

"You really wanted the ice cream and you just gave it away like that" (S/n) said as we walked home.

"Yeah but I felt like he wanted ice cream more than me. I remember being like that when I was his age" I said. My sister gave me a look.

"(Y/n), you're probably the same age as him" she said as we continued home. Once home, I ran into the house and hugged our mom who was in the kitchen cooking.

"Mommy, I did a good thing today!" I exclaimed as I was suddenly lifted into the air by a pair of strong arms.

"Oh really and what was it?" I heard my dad ask as mom turned around to look at me.

"I gave away my ice cream to a little boy today even though I kind of really wanted that ice cream but decided to give it away anyway" I said at the fast speed a little child could go.

"Really?" my parents questioned as they both turned to look at (S/n).

"It's true and I think our little (Y/n) has a crush now" (S/n) said as she smirked at me. I stuck my tongue out at her.

"No I don't!" I said as dad put me down on the floor. "Why would I like boys, boys are dumb and gross" I said.

"I'm a boy (Y/n), so does that make me dumb and gross?" Dad asked me.

"No, daddy's an old boy there's a difference" I said as my dad look like he was just slapped in the face. He hanged his head down.

"I'm not that old" he said as mom came over to comfort him.

"It's okay honey" she said.

"But you're a cool old boy" I said to help cheer him up. I guess me saying this made him a little more happy. He picked me up in a hug.

"See (S/n), (Y/n) thinks I'm cool" Dad said as (S/n) rolled her eyes and walked upstairs.

"You should go and get ready for dinner (Y/n)" mom said as Dad put me down and I went to get ready for dinner.

After dinner, it was bedtime and I was already in bed. "Hey (S/n) do you think I'll ever see Gohan again?" I asked her since we were sharing the same room.