...01... The Art of Getting Fired

She couldn't.

Her temper had reached new heights. Too high for her to keep it down. She was simmering like a pressure cooker. And the one to bear the anger would either be her fat-arsed boss or the model who was currently rolling her eyes. 

She was just inches away from choking the neck of the girl in front of her but she took a huge breath and restricted to just clasping that horrible choker at the back of the model's neck.

Blair just stood back and watched the woman as she admired herself in the mirror. She pondered upon all the ways she could make that dress better. She'd mend that asymmetrical neckline into something more simple, like a halter neck. Next, she would increase the length to a full gown and add a long slit running from the mid-thigh portion. Then, she would give it the final touch by adding a very classy looking bow around the waist and a few sequins on the right shoulder. Yes. That is what she would do.

The fabric used for the dress was so beautiful. She couldn't help but mourn it's ruin for a dress like that.

Satisfied with her makeup-caked face, the model strutted off towards the studio for her next photo session with her horrible dress leaving nothing to imagination. 

Blair had no other choice but to follow. As an intern, this was what she was assigned to do. She was a fashion designer. Or at least she thought so herself. But being an intern, she was given as much respect as the mannequin lying somewhere in the storeroom.

Each day, she was assigned a new irritable model with an equally irritable photographer. During the entire photo session, she had to do odd stuff like fanning the model's face to make her hair appear as if it were flowing. And this time, she was to splash colorful little sponge balls at the model as she posed in a ball pit. At that thought, a plan began to settle in her mind.

Something told her she was going to thoroughly enjoy it.

Smirking, she walked past the turquoise-walled corridor to the studio.

~***~

"Get out of here!" The photographer yelled.

With a display of the finger and a flip of her hair, she got out of that godforsaken room with a toothy grin plastered on her face.

She was kicked out because she apparently threw the balls a bit too hard which got the model crying. The tears ruined the makeup, which delayed the photo shoot and all the blah blah nonsense Blair could hardly care about.

What sort of person can't handle a few sponge balls? Blair thought.

Laughing to herself, she walked back to her desk which happened to be right beside the stinking washroom. All it consisted of was a plastic chair and a foldable picnic table. Just one look at her workspace made her angry again.

No matter how funny the situation was, it got her riled up. Heck! She had come to learn to design and experience the world of fashion like an apprentice. She wanted to create designs. She had daydreamed about being a successful designer all through high school. She lived through each day just to see models walking on the ramp proudly showcasing her designs. She was so passionate that she wanted to start off with her internship right after graduating from a reputed fashion school. But these fashion companies took an internship to a whole new level. If it were up to them, they wouldn't even let her touch the fabric and make her run errands in the name of the company.